Emotions in a Lucid Dream

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Peter

Re: Emotions in a Lucid Dream

Postby Peter » 07 Oct 2012 20:41

Its not really no emotion but more that the emotion is a bubble and you are choosing to leave the filling out for the time being. This is also an excellent technique for dealing with issues in real life, empty the bubble of emotion until its not driving you and you can then use your emotions. The full circle is that while I am trying to be neutral in a dream to extend it I am also highly driven and use emotion turned inward as a tool for achieving goals. I have not explained it in the best way as the words are not quite there this morning but have a think about it and it might become a little clearer
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

FantasyMind

Postby FantasyMind » 09 Oct 2012 20:25

I've just noticed this: I always seem to have felt more satisfaction when waking from a lucid dream than during lucid dreaming... That's for me, but has anyone else felt that, perhaps? :?
Are you dreaming?

Peter

Postby Peter » 09 Oct 2012 21:07

Not at all, if you wake up, keep your eyes closed - this is important and take a lot of control, and then just enter the dream once more. It works well
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 09 Oct 2012 22:02

i never really had that excited feeling. when i become lucid my emotions always feel very neutral. i believe this is because i planted in my mind that i should not get overly excited as to not wake up. i guess its a good thing.
What is your definition of reality?

FantasyMind

Postby FantasyMind » 10 Oct 2012 20:04

Peter wrote:Not at all, if you wake up, keep your eyes closed - this is important and take a lot of control, and then just enter the dream once more. It works well

Wait, so when I wake up, just fall back to sleep again without opening eyes? I'll try out :D
Are you dreaming?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”