Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
John4Yout

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby John4Yout » 07 Oct 2012 16:46

I would like to start off by saying thanks to you, Bleekman. Your advice helped and last was a step in the right direction, but I still don't understand what happened. Before I went to sleep, I assured myself that when I say that I am dreaming, I will stop and actually check. This worked, and my conscious switched on, I am sure of it. It is difficult to explain, but it was as if my conscious mind was not linked to the dream. It seemed almost like I was a spectator and had no real control over the dream or even myself inside the dream. Any ideas?

Thanks

John

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 08 Oct 2012 06:25

I'm not exactly sure what happened. I would say that it was just caused by your lack of experience in the dreaming spectrum. Keep trying and, even if you feel detached from the dream, still try and gain some control. Even though you don't feel like you have control, the fact is you are still conscious in the dream. If you can, try and explain, a little more in detail, what your experience was like and I can try and figure out what to do. My advice now would be to just keep trying and hopefully you can get past this problem with experience.
The mind is a beautiful thing

Drake truth

Postby Drake truth » 10 Oct 2012 03:46

2nd
my question is simply this,
Can you learn things from dreams and apply them to real life such as telekinesis, i know it sounds a bit odd
but it has always been my biggest dream to one day become a telekinetic physicist.

-drake

Sander

Postby Sander » 10 Oct 2012 09:57

yes, lucid dreams are an excellent medium to practice skills, but not if you want to become telekinetic, because telekinesis simply does not exist.

If it's really your biggest dream, become a practiced lucid dreamer and do it in your dreams.
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

jcking521

Postby jcking521 » 11 Oct 2012 00:12

For the past couple of weeks, i have been able to remember atleast one dream i have every night. And finally, last night i had my first lucid dream. Could all the dreams i've been experiencing these past couple of weeks somehow helped me to have my first lucid dream?

Sander

Postby Sander » 11 Oct 2012 23:44

ofcourse, as having good dream recall is an imperative prerequisite if you want to LD.

And congratulations on your first LD ^^

tell me how it went, please.
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

PeTePyE

Postby PeTePyE » 15 Oct 2012 15:45

hey guys / girls. I've recently found this site and im quite intrigued about Lucid dreams. I found this site 2 nights ago, and as i was in bed i just fell asleep and woke up angry at myself for actually falling asleep. last night however, I closed my eyes, and allowed myself to drift off, and I was listening to myself breathe and felt some fingers and lower legs going numb, I dont recall any actual dreams or anything but as i lay there i was trying to not move, and throughout the night as i was sleeping, it felt like the night was longer than the last night, and as i changed position i felt aware that i was moving which normally i dont, im a fairly heavy sleeper and i have woken at the bottom of the bed one morning not knowing, is this something i will get used to feeling whilst im trying to have an LD?

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 16 Oct 2012 06:48

Are you saying that you could feel your physical body moving around while you were asleep? If so, no, that doesn't normally happen when you start to lucid dream. Unless you were actually awake or you had a false awakening.

PeTePyE

Postby PeTePyE » 16 Oct 2012 17:19

Basically, I felt the sensation that my body was moving and felt that it had settled in a position that I find comfortable I'm not entirely certain what was happening, I didnt feel like I was awake but I cant be certain.

last night I had only one dream that I could recall where I had moved into a tenement flat with a person, I seemed to look outside the window of the topfloor, and there I saw a second block of flats, I put my hand outside the window and moved the block of flats as if it was a hamster cage, as i did this a woman appeared in the window wrapped in a towel, i turned around and she'd moved from the second block of flats that looked like a hamster cage and into my flat and I knew it was a dream, but instead of being able to feel anything it just seemed to end or thats all I could remember

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 17 Oct 2012 04:02

You might have just gotten too excited when you realized it was a dream and woken up. That's a common problem with beginners.

Return to “For Beginners”