Dreaming on aderall and Weed

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
mitch12351

Dreaming on aderall and Weed

Postby mitch12351 » 17 Apr 2012 22:25

i was wondering if smoking pot will effect your chances of lucid dreaming severely or can it still be done if you smoke pot in the day? and would taking aderall before bed help focus on your dreams?

Chrispy

Re: Dreaming on aderall and Weed

Postby Chrispy » 20 Apr 2012 03:09

One of my good friends smokes pot every night before he goes to bed. We were talking about lucid dreaming one night and he told me that since he started smoking pot he can't even remember any of his normal dreams. It's almost like pot took his ability to recall his dreams down to 0. So even if he did lucid dream, he couldn't remember it. As for the Aderall, I'm not sure.
There is no spoon.

Peter

Postby Peter » 20 Apr 2012 06:05

Weed screws short term memory - so work it out.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 23 Apr 2012 06:44

My mate said the same thing, smokes weed every day and cant remember his dreams at all. I smoke weed like once a month ( by once I will smoke it like 3 times in one week of the month) and I have 0 dream recall as well.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Kranter

Postby Kranter » 26 May 2012 02:19

When I was a frequent smoker, I could never remember my dreams. But once I stopped, about 3 weeks later, I could remember them again. Between getting stoned & lucidity, I pick the latter. In most cases, it's way more fun.
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

leechesleeches

Postby leechesleeches » 26 May 2012 10:14

i smoke it every day and recently i have beem having a lucid dream almost every few days, and i can almost always remember my dreams! However i smoke a relatively small amount before i go to bed, quite often if i have had a night of heavier smoking i can't remember my dreams either.

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 08 Aug 2012 01:49

I smoke almost every day. And it helps my situation with dreaming ALOT.

When I started smoking frequently my nightmares and vivid memories of my dreams started to fade (this is what i personally needed as i could not stand having very vivid dreams anymore.. because it was making me very down and exhausted)
I now remember my dreams, but don't have VERY strong ones that make me feel crappy the next day / week.

When i don't smoke weed at night, my dreams are incredibly vivid, and very easy to lucid dream.
When I do smoke at night, I wake up the next day feeling a lot rested, and I don’t have any emotions from the dreams themselves.

I'm pretty sure it will depend on the person, and how strong they have been dreaming for their whole life.

addictedtomary

Postby addictedtomary » 04 Oct 2012 00:17

look,

I smoked everyday for 2 years. EVERY DAY! I didn't recall a dream the entire time. It was sad. I stopped smoking and two weeks later I had my very first lucid dream. I flew like Neo or superman or Goku. I prefer Goku :) but what I'm saying is that lucid dreaming is far better then pot and I've had some darn good pot, but I've had far better lucid dreams. I have grown more as a person in the last 6 weeks then I have in the last 2 years. Drugs aren't worth it man. You don't need aderall or other "drugs" to have lucid dreams. You only need the will to learn to become lucid.

also pot impedes your body's ability to enter R.E.M.; REM is where you dream, no REM no dreams.

P.S. sober for 6 weeks first lucid in the first 2 weeks and I've had 12 Lucid Dreams since quitting

like a boss
I am the most powerful being in my universe

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 10 Oct 2012 04:28

it will be pretty much impossible to fall asleep if you take adderall, so to me that seems out of the question. your probably not going to remember any dreams if you go to bed high from weed, however i would say that smoking weed after you wake up after you record your dreams in a journal has its benefits. i use it to reflect on my dreams and get another perspective on them.

either way you never need drugs to lucid dream. if they help you, then it's probably a temporary fix. i almost had my first WILD on a psychedelic, long before i had enough practice to do it while sober. i got scared right before i entered my dream and stopped for the day. took me at least a week to get anywhere after that.

all in all, practice is the best thing you can do :)

Peter

Postby Peter » 10 Oct 2012 09:13

Had a friend that said he used weed so he could see something from a different angle and in the end he smoked so much and seen so many angles that he was always confused :lol:
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”