A lucid dream within a dream? Help!

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dedidreamer

A lucid dream within a dream? Help!

Postby dedidreamer » 11 Oct 2012 14:55

So I havent had a lucid dream yet, and I have been trying really hard for a month ( constant reality checks, planning dreams, keeping a journal, researching and medidtating) last night I had a dream I was sleeping in my parents room, well lying in their bed awake. I looked down at my hand and counted 8 fingers. I got super excited, and "woke" myself up in my dream. I then went around and told everyone that I had a lucid dream, and couldn't wait to write about it.

What I'm worried about is if I still counted that many fingers in a dream, and asked myself of I'm dreaming and still didn't become lucid how can I ever be?
Do you remember lucid dreams as a memory? Or do you feel like the actually happened

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

dreamerinmiami

Re: A lucid dream within a dream? Help!

Postby dreamerinmiami » 11 Oct 2012 21:40

well technically you did have a lucid dream, you probably weren't fully aware. also sounds like you had a false awakening which is pretty common when you get into lucid dreaming. anyways good luck on your adventures. :D
What is your definition of reality?

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 11 Oct 2012 21:42

one more thing. there are many different "levels" of lucid dreaming. from barley aware to very very aware. keep practicing :)
What is your definition of reality?

dedidreamer

Postby dedidreamer » 11 Oct 2012 23:28

Also in m dream I rubbed my hands together to gain more awarety but in my dream that's what woke me up

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Oct 2012 18:55

dedidreamer wrote:Do you remember lucid dreams as a memory? Or do you feel like the actually happened

This is one of the main differences between a dream about lucid dreaming and an actual lucid dream. Lucid dream memories are different from dream memories and pretty much the same as waking life memories. It feels exactly like it was something that happened, like a real place you visited. That's part of what makes it so incredible. Lucid dream memories include things like decisions you made during the dream, observations and evaluation of how real things are. A lucid dream is basically experiencing the dream world as a waking life experience where "you" experience yourself as being separate from the dream world environment which all of your senses experience as a real physical reality.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”