What's the FIRST thing you do after becoming lucid?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Worldenterer1

Re: What's the FIRST thing you do after becoming lucid?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 04 Oct 2012 21:51

Fly
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

FantasyMind

Postby FantasyMind » 09 Oct 2012 20:31

I do whatever I planned to do before I fell asleep. That, for me, is usually changing the scenery or flying away to find a better scenery. For some reason, the background of my dreams are dark and kind of spooky so I try to get away to a nicer place :D
Are you dreaming?

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 09 Oct 2012 20:42

ive noticed that when i become lucid the first thing i want to do is fly.. but never get to i still need practice. Another thing is wanting to talk to dream chracters and see what they represent.
What is your definition of reality?

jcking521

Postby jcking521 » 11 Oct 2012 02:24

well the FIRST thing i did in my first ever lucid dream was fly. but i was so unused to that sensation i woke myself up :/ i want to fly again

Sir_Serix

Postby Sir_Serix » 13 Oct 2012 02:25

Seems like a ton of people start flying as soon as they get lucid...funny

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Oct 2012 02:51

Sir_Serix wrote:Seems like a ton of people start flying as soon as they get lucid...funny

From the replies here, it sure looks that way. Flying is cool and I've flown in lucid dreams before, but to me walking around is so much more awesome. Just to feel the ground under your feet is so amazing and unbelievable, it is just exactly the same way it feels when you are awake. I guess I'm in the minority.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Oct 2012 06:18

Sir_Serix wrote:Seems like a ton of people start flying as soon as they get lucid...funny

yea, I wanted to start a topic about this, but I'll just say it here. Why do people want to fly so much? I rarely fly in a lucid dream and actually have a fear of heights and gravity is hard to overcome in my lucid dreams. BUT flying is overrated, and there is so much more one can do. But for people wanting to lucid dream, it seems flying is THE thing to do.

It is fun though, don't get me wrong, but it does seem to be the stereotypical lucid dream thing to do, but for me and probably some others, it actually isn't.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lumencryster

Postby lumencryster » 13 Oct 2012 07:06

unfortunately... lose my lucidity :( takes practice, I'm getting better every night.

well if i succeed i usually stare at my hands in amazement. actually losing my lucidity is enjoyable when i'm staring at my hands, they'll go from a stable almost realistic set of hands to trippy non-lucid dream hands. its just wonderful becoming lucid, really.

FantasyMind

Postby FantasyMind » 13 Oct 2012 15:14

Haha, that's because flying is sooooo fun!!! :mrgreen:
Are you dreaming?

Sir_Serix

Postby Sir_Serix » 14 Oct 2012 20:46

I think that almost everyone likes flying or at least has tried once directly because is something that we will never be able to do in real life (unless you're a superhero or in the future something changes), and subconsciously because nowadays we live in a society full of stress, we need to follow a strict routine: wake up, go to work, return home, relax a bit, sleep. Flying can mean escaping, going away without caring of what's around you, just feeling free, that and, of course, the feeling of the wind on your face, the scenery.... At least I think that is the main reason, am I right?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”