Curious: meditating on subjects.

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

Curious: meditating on subjects.

Postby RosenVitae » 29 Aug 2012 01:01

Hey there :)

I'd like to learn how to meditate on subjects. As far as I've read, you can achieve greater understanding of subjects through meditation. I often go into a trance (keeping my spinning thoughts in check), but I don't know how to use the canvas in this way, metaphorically speaking. I'm looking for guidance.

For instance, I'd like to meditate on imperfection, so I can experience the bright and wonderful sides of it. It can supplement my effort to move on in the areas of my life where perfectionism is paralyzing me.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

lucidinthe sky

Re: Curious: meditating on subjects.

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Sep 2012 02:54

I've tried a lot of different methods of meditation, lately I've been trying to meditate on actual experiences, trying to recreate them in other variations. The reason is to try to connect with the mechansim that drives dream creation.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Re: Curious: meditating on subjects.

Postby Kevs » 13 Oct 2012 08:04

Me, I used breathing technique, it's easy to meditate that way and it'll just take about 10-15 minutes(if you'll go longer time much better) for me to achieve lucid dreams. And this is effective for me, I used to do this kind of technique for almost 1 year.

Return to “Off-Topic”