Fully knowing and even saying "I'm dreaming" but no lucidity

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Swoldier

Fully knowing and even saying "I'm dreaming" but no lucidity

Postby Swoldier » 16 Jul 2011 17:20

So in the middle of a cruise ship dream, I subtlety realized I was dreaming and said the two magic words. Now, at this point, I was like ok wtf I'm in a dream but I'm not fully lucid. I couldn't just take off or demand clarity. So I said well maybe if I shout I'm dreaming, BUT for some reason I was worried I would shout it outloud in my sleep and was worried I would make a fool of myself. So I tried to remember where I was or fell asleep at and not being able to I decided it wasn't a good idea lol.

So I literally followed the dream while awake in boringness before I woke up, this was my last dream out of 2 or 3.

Now, someone please explain to me how that happens.

torakrubik

Re: Fully knowing and even saying "I'm dreaming" but no luci

Postby torakrubik » 16 Jul 2011 21:27

You were in fact lucid. Being aware you are dreaming but not being able to control it is still lucidity. To be able to control things you must truly believe that this is all in your head and you can do whatever you desire. Your consciousness will try to tell you flying or changing the landscape is impossible and hinder you, but you just need to believe you can do these things in a dream.
Dreaming is my drug

Swoldier

Postby Swoldier » 17 Jul 2011 20:06

Hmm thank you for the response..I've lucid dreamed twice before so I know what's it's like which is why it annoyed me. I will just have to firmly believe it next time, thank you.

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 19 Jul 2011 15:22

Takes practice. You gain a stronger focus in Lucid Dreaming from practicing meditation. The two are directly correlated. Time to start retraining your subconscious.

Return to “For Beginners”