new reality check worked!

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Lucid Dreamer

new reality check worked!

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 06 Sep 2012 11:27

I recently tried a new reality check. You know how people who have tatoos or something look at their tatoos as a reality check? well i tried the same thing except the two freckles on the palm of my hand. fir reality checks i would look at my freckles. then i had my opportunity to see if it would work in a dream! i looked at my freckles, and bam! there were seven or so freckles on my hand! it was so amamzing that it worked like i thought it would! i feel so self accomplished! i just wanted to share this and have you guys share your techniques for reality checks like this.

thank you!
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Shane

Re: new reality check worked!

Postby Shane » 27 Sep 2012 14:46

Good work Lucid Dreamer! I recon you can pretty much use anything as a reality check, it all just depends on how conscious or aware you are at the time that determines its success. You obviously were putting plenty of conscious attention into the act of recognizing freckles / other marks on the body and this act of conscious attention simply reflected in your dreams.

RosenVitae

Postby RosenVitae » 07 Oct 2012 22:36

A very good idea, and I love hearing that it worked 8-) Many people have birthmarks or scars (I just discovered a birthmark, how about that). And as Shane says, intent towards reality check is all important.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

FantasyMind

Postby FantasyMind » 14 Oct 2012 10:55

Woah :O ! I'm so trying this! Only with the mole on my hand! Thanks :mrgreen:
For once a reality check looks casual!
Are you dreaming?

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 14 Oct 2012 17:04

your welcome! and i know. my friends always make fun of me because when ever i ask myself, am i dreaming? my friend that is nearest to me says, "no!" and punches me in the arm. (this was actually me trying to move my hand through my arm, which looked to them like i was punching myself. haha!
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

FantasyMind

Postby FantasyMind » 14 Oct 2012 18:23

Ahah lol... xD

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Are you dreaming?

Ensx

Postby Ensx » 16 Oct 2012 13:51

I have tattoo aswell, I will try this, thx !
Dreaming?

angelina408

Postby angelina408 » 26 Nov 2012 23:22

That's so great! In my dream a few days ago I did my old reality check-- pushing my fingers through my other hand. My most amazing reality check! :) I'm so happy for you!

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”