Dream Guides

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ancient

Dream Guides

Postby Ancient » 28 Apr 2011 03:12

For those of you who don't know, a DG is supposedly a dream character who has a great knowledge of the dream world, and can teach you how to use the dream to its full potential. Some people consider it a reflection of your subconscious, other a spirit or entity entering your dream.
I believe in the existence of dream guides, and I think the most likely explanation is that it is some sort of representation of your self.

Have any of you encountered a DC that meets these criteria? What do you think it could be?
Tool
Sleep
Portal
Gojira
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Am I Dreaming?--------------------------------------------------------- ?gnimaerD I mA

Rebecca
Site Admin

Re: Dream Guides

Postby Rebecca » 28 Apr 2011 05:13

This is one area I've neglected to tap into but it is my next lucid dream intention... Thanks for reminding me!

Question: do you have a particular character or person you always go back to for assistance? Or can your guide be the first person willing to talk to you in the dream?

I was once approached by a school principal (while lucid dreaming in a school) who offered to show me something "we'd talked about earlier". I think this was a dream guide seeking me out.... I do think this is the subconscious mind personified.

Ancient

Postby Ancient » 28 Apr 2011 14:59

Rebecca wrote:Question: do you have a particular character or person you always go back to for assistance? Or can your guide be the first person willing to talk to you in the dream?.

I have not yet actively pursued a dream guide. There is one character that I think I will go to though, as he was present in recurring dreams I had as a child.

When I was a child I had a recurring dream that would happen on the same night every year that involved a wolf. He was large, made of some black substance that shone like a polished gem. All the surfaces were angular, there was nothing smooth about him. His eyes were of a similar substance, yet lime green and shaped like a kite laid on it's side. What was strangest was his behavior - he stood there in front of me as if he were terrified or apprehensive, and at the same time infinitely more knowledgeable than I, as if he was trying to impart some great wisdom to me but didn't know how.

This fits the feeling of a dream guide better than any other DC I've come across.
Tool
Sleep
Portal
Gojira
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Am I Dreaming?--------------------------------------------------------- ?gnimaerD I mA

Jonathan

Postby Jonathan » 28 Apr 2011 20:16

Like Rebecca, this is something I have no experience with yet. The only recurring character I've had in my dreams is Freddy Krueger. He used to scare me as a child, but eventually I started beating him up in my dreams, and then eventually he almost became like a recurring joke.

The last time I dreamed of Freddy Krueger was a bit creepy though. I woke up from my lucid dream and still felt his presence, as if he was lying in the bed right behind me. I was legitimately scared to look behind me. Eventually the feeling went away and it was all good. :lol:

jake

Postby jake » 15 May 2011 02:32

once when i was a very little kid I had a dream that took place in an abandoned subway, and met my dream guide who warned me about some of the more dangerous places in my dream, It was extremely weird, but still a very cool dream guide experience.

Gen

Postby Gen » 15 May 2011 08:04

I had a very good friend of mine appear in a dream and guide me towards my first lucid dream experience many years ago. I was in some sort of adventure dream and I came across a dark scary hallway from my childhood house. When I was little I was always afraid that something was hiding in the shadows of this hallway waiting to grab me as I went to the toilet in the middle of the night. Anyway, my friend was standing at the end of the hallway like a guardian at the entrance, she said in order to wake up I would need to over come my fear. So I summoned up some courage and ran down the hallway and came out into the room where I was sleeping, which then triggered lucidity. It was a great introduction to lucid dreaming.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 19 May 2011 02:03

I think the concept of dream guides is really cool. The fact that a separate part of your unconscious ego wants to have a conversation or show things to your conscious ego... that is quite amazing to me!

Where did they come from? Where do they go while I'm awake? Have they been with me my whole life? These are the questions I want to ask my dream guide before we even start exploring the lucid dream world together......

Gen

Postby Gen » 21 May 2011 01:53

Yes I agree.. Meeting other parts of yourself is one of the most fascinating things about lucid dreaming, in my opinion, it really is quite a unique perspective to have. In meeting with these parts, the potential to really benefit and accelerate personal spiritual development is huge. "Know thyself" as the gnostics put it. In my work with hypnosis and particularly with past life regression, I've been amazed by the boundless depth of the subconscious mind.. Conscious dreaming gives us a direct channel to really delve as deep as we are prepared to go.

Willys

Postby Willys » 30 Aug 2012 05:26

As a new User to the forum, if I may, I'd like to refresh this thread of 'Dream Guides'. If preferred I can open a new thread.

I believe there has been a spirit guide hovering somewhere around me since childhood, a little over fifty years ago. Not a real pro-active being but an image living within my perception. As I've become interested in LD, I've begun to think I may have made an error in regard to that guide about twenty or so years ago.

It was about that time I realized I was having dreams while in a not asleep, not awake state. There were some cool vibes I could tune in on FM radio on Thursday nights. I would drift in and out of sleep. And dream. The FM vibes the soundtrack of those dreams. One particularly fretful night, just gone to bed - not Thursday night, there was noise in the room. It had been there on other occasions but I would usually go right to sleep. Like a garble chatter. This night the noise just kept on. Not a noise anyone else would hear, more like noises from a spirit world. Frustrated, in anger I shushed them away, to leave me alone. And haven't heard from them again. Therein my post. Might anyone have input regarding dream (or spirit) guides and related protocol. I'd like to summon the guides back, with apologies.

I've continued to have periods of time where I'm in that dream state and have learned I can participate at will. Only recently I've learned of this broad internet world of LD, so a renewed interest. Especially to discuss with others. Historically, I've been interested in astral projection and tapping into a meta-physical state at large. Without much success - to my knowledge.

Thanx for any input. See you in my dreams...

Sektonic

Postby Sektonic » 09 Aug 2013 07:53

So I have been Lucid Dreaming since I was a child and I didn't really understand what it was till I got older. It all started when I was having bad dreams a lot and my mother told me to change my dreams and control them. I first started fighting off the evil things as a super hero then eventually started to have more fun with them. I never had an experience with a Dream Guide till recently.

Last night I dreamed that I was at work doing my normal work day stuff and thinking I was actually awake and at work, then in the middle of the sales floor a bed appeared with some dude I went to school with that I don't particularly like. He was calling me to get into bed with him and I was so confused as to why he was at my job place, why he was calling to me, and why there was a bed in our register area when we have beds displayed over in the far corner. I kept telling him no and at one point I got into bed with him but only sat next to him and was so confused, he then tried to kiss me but I pushed him away and got up. When I turned to look back at him he was gone and so was the bed. It still didn't occur to me that I was dreaming.

A lady came into the store with two dogs. One really small fluffy one and the other was a light brown Chihuahua like my dog "Bambii". I was so thrilled to see a dog that looked just like mine when she was younger. I asked if I could hold her and the older women said of course and smiled. She was really wealthy looking, nice clothes and had this accent and way about her that just screamed RICH. I gave the dog back to her and continued my day. I was closing the store when I found the puppy and so I took it home and was going to get in contact with her the next day.

In the dream I blacked out and ended up at our local post office and I had the Bambii look alike with me. I was taking her to go use the bathroom in front of the post office and I was in a trance and zombie like. I snapped out of it and was like "what the heck am I doing out here???" I literally thought I had slept walked/drove to the post office with the puppy. I got scared because I have done this in real life before after taking some medication. I picked up the puppy and walked back to the car, instead of getting in the driver's seat I sat in the passenger seat and the car started driving itself. At that moment I knew I was dreaming and was like OOOOOooohhhh this makes soooo much sense now. I saw the lady from the store on the side of the road so the car pulled over after I willed it to. I got out the vehicle and I handed her the puppy and she was just smiling at me. I told her I found her dog at the store and that this was a dream, then I for some reason asked her "are you my Dream Guide?" (I have never heard of the term I just asked it for some odd reason). She smiled and said "yes for this dream". I got really excited and was like F*** Yea! I can do whatever I want! So I asked her if I could have an erotic dream and she said no I don't want to be apart of that but I begged and begged and she said fine... Next thing I know I am in summer camp with 3 other girls and 3 dudes.

I won't go into detail with this but it was awesome and involved 2 other really attractive girls and 1 dude. My Dream Guide shape shifted into a white nerdy like girl. After I was done I walked over to her and was super happy and we walked around the rest of the dream. Everything around us was like an unfinished building. We walked around a bit more my dream world and I remember a friend telling me about a dream he had where he looked in the mirror and he saw something else rather than what he was. So I told my DG I wanted to look into a mirror and she said that's not a good idea and I said nooo come on! And so she gave in. I turn and I'm looking down a long hallway with many doors. Very similar to my Grandpa's house he used to own. I turn around and to my right is the restroom door except in his house it was to my left. When I opened the door everything was reversed as if I was looking out of the restroom mirror into the real world. I creeped over in front of the mirror and slowly looked into it. I saw myself months back when I had a bad shroom trip. I won't go into the trip story but someone had done me wrong and I felt like I never could trust anyone ever again ( I had already had trust issues ). I looked so sad and scared. I was wearing my Captain America night shirt and my hair was all messed up and my eyes were really swollen from crying and being up all night. I remembered what was going through my head at that moment. I never want to have to go through that ever again and be that naive person. I walked away slowly to the door and I saw my DG, she looked at me with sympathy and I hugged her. She said I told you it wasn't a good idea and I told her I just want to have a normal dream, I'm tired. So she walked me back to the cabin where I was at summer camp and I continued the dream.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”