I don't quite understand...

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Notoriou

I don't quite understand...

Postby Notoriou » 07 Oct 2012 07:06

So, here I was dreaming along(not lucid) and all of the sudden it hits me, "Wait a second breathing underwater isn't very natural is it..? I must be dreaming!" So, after becoming lucid(just barely if at all), I decide that i want to go to my school, don't ask why because (in the words of my science teacher) I have no earthly idea... so I close my eyes and pretty much scream in my head that I want to go to my school(those were the exact words, and I think the word my was important) so I open my eyes and I am just arriving at "my" school... But it wasn't MY school it was a school from a Japanese anime and the students were all anime people. So, then I decided that I would try to fly again after my first and only other attempt failed horribly... So I again close my eyes and scream in my head that I want to go to a grassy field, and when I open my eyes, I am in a grassy field, but it's not an ordinary grassy field, because I am in Minecraft (if you don't know, its a video game in which the world is made up of cubes 1 meter on each side) and at this point, I realize that I am actually on my bed(in my pitch black room) watching this all occur on my computer which is in full screen in first person mode (my computer is a laptop that I usually use on my bed); after this heavy realization the dream starts to fade, so I start to lift my hands to rub them together, but notice that it is extremely difficult as though they have 10 pound weights on them. I came to the conclusion that my hands might have actually moved and that's why they felt heavy, and after that thought, my vision completely faded and I woke up. This entire dream seemed to last about 1 to 2 minutes.

So, as the title suggests, I am wondering what in the world happened?(I understand that I am the best person to answer this, being the one that experienced it, but I really don't know so, I figured I would ask the community of lucid dreamers)

lol

Re: I don't quite understand...

Postby lol » 14 Oct 2012 01:16

What i thinks it was just a crazy dream, Ihave these alot where it changes scenes alot and the dream story changes.
No this is not my signature.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 14 Oct 2012 07:34

You were lucid and had partial dream control. If your laptop was really running instead of just in your dream, it might have inspired your dream images, maybe even suggested what you tried to do.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Oct 2012 06:34

Sounds like you watch a lot of anime and play video games like, Minecraft.
I've noticed that my dreams are influenced by things that I get absorbed in when awake like television and video games too. Even when lucid there is no helping it. You are aware, but at the whim of your subconscious. It is the architect if you will. (Inception reference). My subconscious loves repeatative and mind enthralling things like t.v., movies, and video games and that will influence anybody's dream no matter who you are!

Nothing wrong with that. Just be aware of it.

And as for the computer that you normally have in your bed and the heavy hands.... That's border-lined False Awakening and Sleep Paralysis which comes with the territory sometimes. It was like you were on the brink of having either/or both of those.

(In my humble opinion of course....)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Psychosanity

Postby Psychosanity » 15 Oct 2012 13:55

Personally, I'm jealous!

Times I've been lucid? Five
Times I've been able to change the scene with sheer willpower? ZERO. :oops:

You are off to a good start! :P
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2390

Notoriou

Postby Notoriou » 16 Oct 2012 02:48

Yeah, it makes sense after hearing your conclusion that it really isn't that mysterious, I just wasn't thinking... Thanks for helping!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”