tips for a WILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
mithrandir

tips for a WILD

Postby mithrandir » 16 Oct 2012 01:23

im new to lucid dreaming (have been trying for about a week) and im attempting to do a WILD. Ive tried it once but have not succeeded (no surprise) and i was wondering about tips for a WILD... for instance, how long does it usually take to get to hypnagogia and sleep paralysis? what is the best method for staying awake as you fall asleep? how much practice does it take before your first succesful WILD? when is the best time to wake up to attempt a WILD? any help would be appreciated.

Snaggle

Re: tips for a WILD

Postby Snaggle » 16 Oct 2012 05:42

How long does it take you to fall asleep normally? That's a good guide to how long it will take for hypnagoic images to appear, though they can happen as soon as you close your eyes and while wide awake. I normally fall asleep in under five minutes which is pretty fast compared to how long others have reported it takes them.

WILDs can happen spontaneously, though if you want tips the best two are to just relax and let your body fall asleep normally and keep your mind and eyes alert while it happens. When I go to sleep normally my eyes relax, look down and start to feel drowsy, when doing a WILD I look up an watching for HI and am alert.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Dream_Wolf

Re: tips for a WILD

Postby Dream_Wolf » 17 Oct 2012 22:47

mithrandir wrote:im new to lucid dreaming (have been trying for about a week) and im attempting to do a WILD. Ive tried it once but have not succeeded (no surprise) and i was wondering about tips for a WILD... for instance, how long does it usually take to get to hypnagogia and sleep paralysis? what is the best method for staying awake as you fall asleep? how much practice does it take before your first succesful WILD? when is the best time to wake up to attempt a WILD? any help would be appreciated.

hi! welcome to lucid dreaming then! for me, i think that u should use the WBTB tequniqie. i may never had an lucid dream yet, but with my research, its the easiest, the Wake Back To Bed is when u wake up at like 4.5 hours of sleep and then spend and half hour on lucid dreaming (movies/pics/research/reading ect) and go back to bed by coninting ur most vivid dream but at the end, pretend to find out ur dreaming and what ur wanna do. then repeat untill ur asleep. good luck!

Return to “For Beginners”