Hypnagogia

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jsjb2004

Hypnagogia

Postby jsjb2004 » 19 Jul 2011 02:43

I have in times past fallen asleep on my couch and have experienced 2 different things, both in separate times. First, i have fallen asleep and i have experienced this massive amounts of imagery and thought, after which i usually awake. What i want to know is if this is hypnogogia, or if its just my dreams.

Secondly, i have in the past been falling asleep, and experienced the feeling of falling back and into the position of my body. Its like i'm standing in my dream, which i don't believe is occurring, and then i fall back and its like a jolt and i awaken. Has anyone else ever felt this, and is there a name for it?

rdubya

Re: Hypnagogia

Postby rdubya » 19 Jul 2011 15:29

Ya, OBE ;) Just go with it and try not to wake yourself. Next time try to go further than just standing, try getting away from your body. The jolt and awakening are you pulling yourself back.

jsjb2004

Re: Hypnagogia

Postby jsjb2004 » 20 Jul 2011 04:33

The thing is im not attempting to stand, but now that i know what is happening, im more prepared, :D , thanks.

Return to “For Beginners”