Dream time vs Real Time

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
in_wonderland

Dream time vs Real Time

Postby in_wonderland » 16 Oct 2012 09:38

So I'm sure everyone has by now seen the movie Inception. And in that movie, the "dream time" moves much slower than "real time". So they are in a dream for what feels like a whole day, and in reality they are only asleep for minutes.

So, is it true? Is dream time slower?

I think it is from my experiences. Sometimes ill take 2 hour nPs and have dreams that seem to last forever. Anyone agree/ disagree?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

torakrubik

Re: Dream time vs Real Time

Postby torakrubik » 16 Oct 2012 22:25

I believe that time runs completely differently in the dreamworld, in fact it may not even exist as 'time' as we understand it. However, it is easy for dreams to 'feel' as though they last years...but unless the content experienced in the dreamworld is longer than the time passed in waking reality, there's no way to be sure.
Dreaming is my drug

James

Postby James » 17 Oct 2012 00:31

Space gravity etc in dreams can usually be changed so time can be sped up/slowed down like time moving faster on satellites than on the surface, but im a nerdy guy so that works for me :D

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Was it worth it?

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 17 Oct 2012 05:44

For me it Lucid dreams have always been about real time.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

in_wonderland

Postby in_wonderland » 17 Oct 2012 10:36

James wrote:Space gravity etc in dreams can usually be changed so time can be sped up/slowed down like time moving faster on satellites than on the surface, but im a nerdy guy so that works for me :D

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Hmm that is true. Also if you think about the theory of relativity and "space time"

it makes sense that time could be much different in a dream than the reality

. But then again the laws of physics don't exist in your dreams. And now I am tripping myself out!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”