Share your 1st LD here! :D

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

Re: Share your 1st LD here! :D

Postby Tomato » 23 Sep 2012 23:36

I can't exactly tell, there was too much crazy crap happening.

Here are some highlights:

I started in this huge room, the contents of which were... pretty much everything I had seen that day. I saw that my brother was sitting in a chair, so I quickly picked up a drum that I had seen in music class, and threw it at his head. He didn't seem to care, and went on his merry way. I then went outside and remembered that I could fly. I tried to do this but for some reason all I could do was jump extremely high. For some dumb reason this didn't please me. So I closed my eyes, visualised a dragon standing in front of me, and when I opened my eyes it was there. I then lost lucidity as a new dream began. I was a soldier standing there as a drill sergeant yelled at me, "Now listen here, private! Our enemy has our balls in a vice and you need to go out there and un-f*ck the situation, understand?" And I said back "Yes sir! Situation will be un-f*cked!" After remembering that this was a line from prototype 2, I regained lucidity, but woke up.

So, you tell me. What was it about?
You tell that Mitt Romney bastard, If he screws with Big Bird, he screws with me.

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 01 Oct 2012 14:43

I had my first lucid dream on 28/9/12. My first LD was a WILD. When i got in the dream, I remembered only 1 question out of my 13 that I decided I would ask myself when I have a LD. The question was if it was possible to enter someone elses dream, like Robert did in Rebecca's book, and I got the answer Yes. But I don't know if it was a true answer or my mind just expected it to say yes... Anyways, I just somehow had a Nether-like portal (Part of a game I play) right behind me. I stepped through it, telling myself I would enter Tom's dream, a friend i know, but instead I entered my father's dream. Correcting myself, I tried again, and finally I saw Tom. I shake him and tell him he's dreaming, but instead he stares at me like some dumbass, like what happened with Robert's dream "character". I gave up and ate pizza, don't remember where it came from :?: , then conjured up sushi for the first time without any problems. ( I Lucid dream easier due to me being just a 12 year old).
Last edited by Sterre Duiker on 10 Oct 2012 08:49, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Animus » 03 Oct 2012 20:34

I don't recall the date of my first lucid dream. I do remember though at some point during my childhood to my early pre-teen years (maybe 10), I had a recurring nightmare, and my first memorable lucid dream in dealing with this nightmare (which I no longer have :D). The nightmare was always of a lady with one big eye in the middle of her forehead (cyclops lol) chasing me. I don't recall her doing anything evil, her appearance was jarring enough! Maybe in retrospect she wasn't there to scare me, who knows? Anyway I suddenly became aware in my dream one night that it was indeed a dream, and that my tormentor would be showing up that night!
There were however some changes in circumstance that (could have?) afforded me lucidity at the time:
1) I had just finished watching Knight Rider (I can vaguely recall) and as a child Knight Rider would drive my imagination crazy.
2) The dream didn't start immediately as a nightmare. I wasn't at once thrust into an emotionally chaotic situation, and was given advance warning that at some point my recurring nightmare would somehow manifest itself in my current dream. I also recall having friends present.

As a result I found myself in a quasi-futuristic environment (not one too far into the future), in which weapons now existed for me to deal with this threat. I recall speaking to my friends about going after this lady, and I remember acquiring a very small handheld laser type weapon. My friends decided to drive me to an alley, where it was said(?) I would see the cyclops. I vividly recall testing my gun on the car window while riding in the back seat (this was the first thing i recalled after the dream, as in retrospect shooting a gun at a window in a car I'm in is something I would never do in real life, and it's the kind of thing that would tell you this certainly isn't real). I arrived at the alleyway and prepared to do battle. However, no one was there! There were papers flying around in the wind, and an empty alley. I haven't seen the cyclops since. Sorry there wasn't a huge epic battle here, but that's what happened!

Since then I've had dreams of varying lucidity(more often obscure, blurry and disjointed than clear), and what would usually happen is I'd become aware that it's a dream, and would then wake up as I would decide this reality was fake. This occurred in dreams where I had manufactured a desirable sexual partner(just being honest) or I had access to a videogame that I knew wasn't out yet (for example). I had more difficulty waking from nightmares though until I got older.
I then developed a kind of "attitude" when dealing with dreams which was if I became aware, I would acknowledge it and just continue to let the dream play out. Only during situations that required me to have some level of awareness (fending off an attacker, having a discernable conversation, driving a car) could I then exhibit some level of control, and this occurred in perhaps less than a third of the dreams I could recall(I haven't been counting lol). I locked that pattern into my routine, and told myself what would be would be.

Through a lot of recent shifts in my life I've been "guided" here to seek direction. I'm very happy and blessed to have discovered so much great info on dreams and realize they're so many people with successful experiences, and it seems from doing the research that lucid dreaming is quite natural, and in some ways seemingly necessary to facilitate balance in my life. I would like to finally get a grasp of my inherent abilities, as well as learn and build with the resources available (I'm patient lol).

I wanted to know if anyone has had some sort of experience where they may have "unlearned" the appropriate mechanisms for being lucid in dreams, maybe tools naturally developed while growing up. If so, did you take the typical approaches described on this site and others for reacquainting yourself with lucid dreaming? I'm also currently employing the techniques outlined here and I am becoming more familiar with my varying states of consciousness(which were always present).

Thanks for reading my mini essay folks! I'm incredibly optimistic about this and i'm more than happy to discuss!

Postby jcking521 » 10 Oct 2012 23:42

I had my first lucid dream last night! it started where i was sitting in a type of weird back alleyway/courtyard with brick walls on all sides of me. I was sitting next to a friend of mine. Then i got up when i realized I was dreaming. I walked to the brick wall directly in front of me, willed myself to fly, THEN SHOT STRAIGHT UP CRAZY FAST. I then woke myself up because i had the actual sensation of flying. It was awesome but really short. Ill try for more lucid dreams

Postby Mezz » 21 Oct 2012 08:19

Finally, finally, got my first lucid dream!! Took a good while; it helped when I finally realized/was told to focus on my goal for a lucid dream. So, when I was going to bed a couple nights ago, I kept saying, and even outloud, 'I WILL fly tonight. I WILL fly,' and so on.

And so, after this really brief wake-up in which I did a very quick reality check, I went back to sleep, and then bam! was able to realize I was dreaming and get into the air right away!!
It really was quite vivid, and as I remember from past flight dreams, it was still just so fun to fly! I kept wanting to go higher and higher, then faster and faster. I was well above the treetops, and thinking how much this park looked just like the real one! (I was in a park near my house, but in hindsight, it was more different than I realized). I also seem to recall that sorta 'pop' into lucidity that other lucid dreamers say happen!
After flying for a little bit, I ended up in a building, and was mostly losing lucidity (my dream became about me watching all these different styles of chuch services, all together in this open building, because I realized it was a Sunday. And I'm not even Christian... weird). Before my lucidity was totally gone, I realized I was barely lucid and tried to focus on getting it back, but this ended up just waking me up instead!

Still, what a fun experience! Not as different as I thought it would be from past non-lucid dream experiences, but then, I think I've just always been more in-tune with my dreams, and the flying just felt so the same. Also, I think I've been closer to lucid in the past than I've realized.
We are the makers of music, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Postby Lisecila » 29 Oct 2012 20:26

I took me a while to become lucid for the first time, it happened last weekend (27th of October)
I had been out partying with friends, and woke up with a hangover. I drank a lot of water, then fell asleep again.
In my dream I was in this strange glasshouse. I don't know how, but at some point I realized that I was dreaming. I got very excited, and thought about my best friend, because I haven't seen her in a long while. She showed up in the glass house (a bit confused), and I took her by the hand, to show her this amazing world. We went straight trough a door made of glass, which took us to a balcony. Outside on the balcony, I tried to lift my feet off the ground. It worked and I levitated. I asked my friend to do the same, but she was way to confused. I started to fly around, and the feeling was amazing! I could see a pyramid in the distance, and I flew towards it. There were really tall alien-like beings by the pyramid. I rescued some people that the aliens held captive, and flew back. I had a false awakening inside the glasshouse, and afterwards I woke up in real life.

I think the reason why I finally managed to become Lucid, was because I slept alone. I usually share room and bed with my boyfriend. Does anyone else have problems with becoming lucid, when they share sleeping space?
My Lucid art and more (both in Norwegian and English) :

Postby AngelXdv » 01 Nov 2012 20:04

14 Sep 2012

I think I am one of the lucky ones. I could WILD from when I was 4 even if I didn't know how it was called... At the age of 10 WILDing stopped but at 12 it started again. I don't know where I first heard the term of Lucid Dreaming... Here it is my dream,not very vivid tough,I learned it was a Lucid Dream even not vivid...:

So I know I went to sleep as normally,no intention of becoming lucid but I remembered the lucid dreaming video on the site. So I remember of it and,as I am I was WILDing since I was 4 but didn't know it and loved the sensation but always opened my eyes. Why? Because when I go to sleep I usually think of something and I can't change this subject. This was the same way. I remembered it and went to sleep. Now,I had this dream about 1 and a half month away... Soo,after that I remember that: I find myself on a chair in my father's room(that's something I was sure though:). It was fully black. Just that,black. Nothing more. Me on a chair in a black room.
Now someway or another I knew I was lucid so I asked my subconcious to appear. Nothing. After a while,I don't know how, there appears this medieval guy who looked like the blonde guy here came to me and asked: Why do you stay here? You are lucid,come on!
And then I somehow knew it was my subconcious(maybe he looked like this because I am so attracted to medieval times). Then I remember going out from my yard and into my neighbour's yard. Here I rub my hands and I say I am Lucid The World Is Vivid. Then(with the medieval guy) I begin to spin. And after the spinning I remember finding myself in the same place. Also I remember asking up in the sky if my subconcious can help me with lucid dreaming.
Now,as I said,I didn't record it and it happened a long way before,so I don't remember how,but here I am with my friend(medieval guy)in some medieval placed dream,where I stand on ground waiting,being hidden and talking with my friend.
That's all I remember.

Postby Worldenterer1 » 02 Nov 2012 03:53

Flying of course 8-)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Postby Javorek » 03 Nov 2012 02:38

My first time was short and disappointing. I became lucid from a MILD and got out of bed. In my living I shouted for clarity, and lights but nothing really happened so I went to my bathroom to explore. In there I found a dog named Sandy (who I get two weeks later) and she put my forearm in her mouth. No bite, almost how a dog picks up a tennis ball. -dream end

It has taken a few more times to be able to control my enviro.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Postby Seachange » 05 Nov 2012 21:22

I've had spontaneous lucid dreams since childhood, but only recently became interested and had my first one a few days ago while reading a book by Robert Waggoner.
I am walking through a mall, but there are no lights on. My restaurant is at the end, but I stop at the one next door, which appears to be empty. It has one light on, and I flick it off. Just as I do I realise that there are two people sitting at a table. Embarrassed, I apologise and flick the light back on. One of the people is known to me and looks surprised, but says nothing. As I turn to leave I realise I must be dreaming. I want to ask the guy what he is doing in my dream, but I'm too scared he'll tell me that I'm in HIS dream. I go next door to my restaurant, which is fully lit, but there is only one table full of people. I ask the waitress where everyone is and she points outside. The tables outside in the mall are full of people sitting in the dark. I ask aloud why it is so dark. A woman appears beside me and appears nonplussed. "I thought we were supposed to be conserving energy," she said. "But it's so dark," I said. She seems annoyed with me and walks off, but a moment later one light comes on and she is back. "There that's all we can spare," she says and walks away again.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”