What are the best positions

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
nancyoh

What are the best positions

Postby nancyoh » 06 Jul 2011 11:40

Hi Everyone,
I really like this forum and want to know what positions are best when lucid dreaming? What works for others out there is what I would really like to know. Please help.
I am really a raving fan of lucid dream and would like to share my experiences with others
http://www.imrisinternetmarketing.com/luciddreaming/index.html

rdubya

Re: What are the best positions

Postby rdubya » 06 Jul 2011 15:13

laying facing up for me. I find even when I have awoken from a LD my body position was laying facing up. On the side or facing down towards the bed seems to make it so i can't trigger a LD.

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 19 Jul 2011 19:56

the best is always what's comfortable for you, i always sleep on my side, and im comfortable with it.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Peter

Postby Peter » 19 Jul 2011 20:19

Whatever works, if you associate a position with relaxation then that will most likely be ok. I find that there is less pressure on my body if I lay on my back. Sometimes I make sure that my arms are slightly bent so if I am in a long LD I won’t get pins and needles or other annoying sensations that will bring awareness back to my body and take my focus away.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 19 Jul 2011 20:51

To add to what Peter just said, that has also brought me out of a LD. It occurred when I was sleeping so I didn't know my body position. I was on my side, and my left arm being crushed, it started tingling and it brought me out of the dream. So if you can choose, make sure it isn't in a position that will bring back awareness to your body if left for longer than 5 minutes.

Valerie

Postby Valerie » 22 Jul 2011 15:58

It is always better to lie on your back with your face up. This way your face wouldn't have wrinkles and your neck gets enough blood flow.
youtube converter http://videotomp3converter.com/

Berger

Postby Berger » 20 Oct 2011 15:09

I think whatever is comfortable for you personally. We are all different people so it's pretty much an individual thing I guess.
How to Play Vob Files http://vobplayer.org/

Miller2006

Postby Miller2006 » 27 Oct 2011 13:24

I agree with those users who recommended to lie on the back. I think it's the most comfortable and convenient pose for anyone.
Screen Capture http://freescreenrecorder.net/

MiaSnow

Postby MiaSnow » 30 Oct 2011 07:02

i have no idea about this from my own experience, but i read recently in a book called "The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep", that males should sleep on their right sides & females on their left for dreaming.

MikeFromTheUK

Postby MikeFromTheUK » 11 Nov 2011 11:37

I find laying flat on my back with my hands rested on my stomach area is the best way to sleep and have dreams. It also helps stop you from laying on top of one of your arms and cutting off its blood flow.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”