Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
thepodman

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby thepodman » 18 Oct 2012 11:36

hi im really new to lucid dreaming and im 15 but i was wondering if it is possible to create my own universe inside my dream?

Sander

Postby Sander » 18 Oct 2012 16:41

good and bad news for me.

Goods news is that i've finally had a LD by performing a RC and realizing that i'm dreaming. Bad news is that it only lasted for about 5 seconds. Don't know what went wrong, as i didn't allow myself to get too excited. Pretty weird situation actually. I woke up at about 6:00 and thought i'd try a MILD. I've noticed, though, that this method proves difficult for me, as i was still awake at 6:42. At that point i gave up and just went back to sleep. Then my LD occured and after waking up, i checked the clock and it read 6:53. Pretty short window to doze off and dream like that, if you ask me.

In my dream, i was running and my legs were moving really slow and felt heavy. I allready experienced this in another dream, but didn't realize that something was wrong. This time i did realize that something was wrong so i did a RC, making me lucid.

After that i woke up with hypnagogia. I've had that a couple of times lately. Usually i just keep calm and observe, as my first LC was induced that way. Tragically, it never worked since then.

What should i do when i wake up with hypnagogia?
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 19 Oct 2012 17:58

Podman, yes anything is possible in a lucid dream.

Sander, it could just be that you are so new to lucid dreaming that your mind isn't used to it yet so it just wakes up. But you are doing the right thing when you wake up in hypnogogia. Just stay completely still and observe the images. When you feel that your body is beginning to fall back asleep try to initialize a dream.
The mind is a beautiful thing

Sander

Postby Sander » 20 Oct 2012 11:42

Bleekman117 wrote:When you feel that your body is beginning to fall back asleep try to initialize a dream.

how do i know?
Free Your Mind.

benchy

Postby benchy » 20 Oct 2012 14:58

I've just joined this forum after getting interested in this subject....
Is lucid dreaming the same as an out of body experience(OOBE) or is it just vivid dreams...
I've read the books by Robert Monroe ' Journeys out of the Body ' and ' Far Journeys ' absolutely fascinating reads, I couldn't put them down once I started reading them and can highly recommend them if you're into this stuff as I am.
I'm looking for tips to getting to the vibrational feeling then on to OOBEing if anyone has any. I have vivid dreams and I have experienced just for 3-4 seconds that feeling of the lead blanket on me...but it went away as i realized what it was, disappointingly

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 21 Oct 2012 17:31

Sander, when you start to lose awareness of your body, when you start to get intense hypnogogia, and when your thoughts start to drift are all signs that you are beginning to fall asleep.

Benchy, you should fish through the main site for your answers, it will be able to explain what your asking much better.
The mind is a beautiful thing

Sander

Postby Sander » 22 Oct 2012 17:19

Bleekman117 wrote:Sander, when you start to lose awareness of your body, when you start to get intense hypnogogia, and when your thoughts start to drift are all signs that you are beginning to fall asleep.

Benchy, you should fish through the main site for your answers, it will be able to explain what your asking much better.

so, should i let my thoughts wander off, or should i actively imagine a dream scene while observing?
Free Your Mind.

mitchjohnson52

Postby mitchjohnson52 » 22 Oct 2012 23:34

How do i step into a lucid dream after sleep paralysis during WILD? I only see black!!!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

artavis durden

Postby artavis durden » 24 Oct 2012 18:21

Hi Everyone................In September i announced i was taking a 4 month break from lucid dreaming to get my sleep schedule straight.......................Well i did............for about 6 weeks.....and then i started waking up @ 4:30am again for the past few nights............................So what i am going to do is end my lucid dreaming break early on November 23, 2012 and try lucid dreaming again................Ive been going to sleep @ 11pm-12am every night and waking up naturally @ 4:15am..................So im going to set my alarm for 3:25-3:50am and try to Wake Induce Lucid Dream cuz if i wake up naturally at 4am i wont be in that tired state anymore..................

Next Lucid Dream Attempt: November 24, 2012 :D :)

charlmay

Postby charlmay » 24 Oct 2012 21:56

When I was younger I use to be very interested in lucid dreaming and kept a dream diary and practiced lucid dreaming, but then I went to uni and life got in the way n I stopped. Now my eldest step daughter who I care for and is 10 has took an interest in it (thanks to voyager star-trek) I would like to encourage her interest and had her read some things from this site and told her for now just to keep a dream diary so she can learn to better remember her dreams. Now it's prob only a passing phase but how best is it to encourage her with this if she is persistant. (I am also practising again :D )

Return to “For Beginners”