Is "trying to hard"/"obsessive fixation" detrimental

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Is "trying to hard"/"obsessive fixation" detrimental

Postby theturtle » 23 Oct 2012 00:14

My classes have been deferred and I have nothing to do so lucid dreaming has had too many opportunities to enter my mind.

I'm not sure if the amount I've been spending on it is actually detrimental. I've heard that trying too hard can be a mistake but with nothing else to do I've defaulted to continuous effort. In the past 2 days I think I've spent at least 12 hours on this website.

I haven't thought about anything else except when I got some mail today. I think I'm "too focused".

The cause of this is having nothing else to focus on. I am temporarily out of school and I don't have a job. I have nothing to go to and I won't have anything to go to until this Friday. Until then I have no plans and no responsibilities and I'm probably going to be obsessed with lucid dreaming.

Is this going to be a problem?

Re: Is "trying to hard"/"obsessive fixation" detrimental

Postby ShadowStar889 » 28 Oct 2012 15:50

No I don't think so. Ever since I became obsessed with lucid dreaming, my lucid dreaming frequency went up from one every few months or years to 2 a week. So don't worry! :D
Three Laws of Emotion
1. People who are happy tend to stay happy unless acted on by an outside force.
2. Happiness = Optimism*Event
3. For every change in emotion a person feels, there is an unequal and opposite reaction in the people around them.

Return to “For Beginners”