A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Mr anonymous

Postby Mr anonymous » 28 Apr 2011 02:03

It was a few months ago when a jaguar first came into my dream. I was dreaming I was hiking through the amazon and them all of a sudden a jaguar came out and ate one of my friends. The jaguar came into my dreams every night that week and ate someone. It stopped but every now and again it comes back. I'm not afraid of it just curious what it means. If anybody could tell me what this means I would appreciate that

Re: Jaguar

Postby Donna » 28 Apr 2011 05:05

I always do a little internet search after animals become prominent or recur in my dreams. Try looking up "Jaguar Totem" or "Jaguar Dream meaning" and then apply what sounds right and ignore what doesn't.

Postby dtommy79 » 28 Apr 2011 20:20

In general a Jaguar in a dream represents speed or power, and it may represent having too much or not enough of these qualities. Bu I guess it's slightly different with everyone.

Postby Dreamsphere » 16 May 2011 16:08

Maybe your subconsious thinks your friends are into some sort of danger?
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Postby PaulG » 17 May 2011 23:23

This is what I found in a dream dictionary

"In dreams, animals often represent aspects of yourself; personality traits or emotions we often keep hidden or don't consciously recognize in ourselves. They may also represent qualities or traits we would like to adopt or incorporate into our own personality. The jaguar represents speed, strength, and cunning. The jaguar may also have spiritual significance. According to the Maya, the jaguar was a supernatural being, Jaguar Sun, who rose each day in the east and prowled west."

Postby Jonathan » 01 Jun 2011 04:21

Next time you see the Jaguar, ask him what he's doing there. Let us know what happens if you do! :)

Postby gprime » 06 Aug 2011 07:36

once, when i was really little, i had a strange experience you may find interesting. i was half asleep and half awake (i think its called a night terror?) and a jaguar man walked into my room. he was huge , he filled the doorway. (upper body of a jaguar, lower body of a man) he just looked at me, and i looked back. then i thought i should probably scream, and i did, and he was just gone.

later (like a week or so) i had a dream of him standing in the back of a canoe , in a swamp, he was looking at me.

i dont know what it meant, or what he wanted, but maybe the meanings are similar.

Postby rdubya » 08 Aug 2011 17:20

I would take up Jonathan's advice. If there is no strong thought or emotion attached to it when you recognize it, and you truly cannot identify why it is there, simply ask it!

Only dream interpretations are generalized and could have nothing to do with what it meant for you. If you are this far along, I suggest knowing for yourself instead of guessing what others say it might be.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”