Does Lucidity Affect Healthy Sleep?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

Does Lucidity Affect Healthy Sleep?

Postby ChrisSanders » 23 Oct 2012 15:50

I just registered so I'm just going to introduce myself, my name is Chris, I'm from South Africa, and I am 17 years old. I am hoping that we will all have many constructive interactions during my time here. I just started to get intersted in lucidity recently, I have had one lucid dream before and hope to acheive many more with this helpful forum.

Well my question is pretty self explanitory and clearly stated in the subject (maybe some other users can learn from this), and I'm slightly concerned about this. It's common knowledge that lack of rest for the physical body will have adverse effects in everyday life, and I wonder if the same "mechanics" that dictate how a muscle needs to rest during sleep and be active during wake, may apply to the conscience, "lucid mind." Perhaps by using different methods to bypass something which our bodies naturally control, we are not letting certain parts of our brains "rest" at night. I am by no means an expert in any of these sciences, I'm just curious if anyone has any information on this subject.

Re: Does Lucidity Affect Healthy Sleep?

Postby torakrubik » 23 Oct 2012 23:34

Well, whilst lucid you are conscious, and to some degree 'awake'. So yes, when lucid dreaming your body isn't really recovering. Unless you lucid dream every night, this shouldn't be a problem.
Dreaming is my drug

Re: Does Lucidity Affect Healthy Sleep?

Postby lol » 24 Oct 2012 00:31

Not really, because at its longest a lucid dream can last about 100 minutes.

And then you still have the other 8 hours of sleep where your brain is resting and non lucid.
No this is not my signature.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”