How does hunger affect your chances of becoming lucid

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
theturtle

How does hunger affect your chances of becoming lucid

Postby theturtle » 24 Oct 2012 00:05

External sensations that your body experiences while you are sleeping can translate into your dreams correct? That's the idea behind putting verbal dream cues on your ipod and having it play while you are asleep.

What about tactile sensations? Specifically I'm thinking of hunger. If you go to bed hungry your sleeping experience will be different than if you slept on a full stomache. Would it also affect your chances of becoming lucid?

If it does impact the chances of lucidity then how? Does it improve or worsen the odds? Does it have any other impacts such as influencing the degree of control you would have if you did become lucid?

On a side note, would trying to sleep with an impending sense of danger cause you to be more alert even when asleep and increase your chances of becoming lucid? I'm thinking along the lines of a defense mechanism to keep you alert in case of a sudden threat with this one?

I'm not saying I'm going to starve myself or go sleep in a dangerous place tonight because that would be stupid I'm just asking out of curiosity.

Snaggle

Re: How does hunger affect your chances of becoming lucid

Postby Snaggle » 24 Oct 2012 01:04

It should have no significant effect. Acidosis does not start until after three days of not eating, before then one is still feeding on ones stomach contents. At this point real hunger starts not cravings. I've only fasted for 21 days, failing to complete the 40 day fast I planned to do in imitation of Jesus, being too weak willed. Even when real hunger has started it's main affect is very increased food cravings. Note: if one had an acid stomach the start of acidosis would likely be quite painful.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “For Beginners”