The "Pop" into lucidity?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.

The "Pop" into lucidity?

Postby Tomato » 24 Oct 2012 00:58

I think I found out what exactly it felt like. This is the second time I've felt it, as I'm still new to lucid dreaming and most of my LD's are by WILD. Anyway, at a random point in the dream, I thought to myself, "Am I dreaming?" I did a reality check. In hindsight I should have already known I was dreaming, because the walls in my room aren't brown, but were brown while I did thebreality check. I noticed this, and became aware that I was not awake. At that moment, I went "Oof!" Because my back straightened, and I felt like a surge of power began flowing through my body. It didn't hurt or feel bad, but it was an interesting sensation. I felt like I was also being lifted off the ground. After it stopped, I shook my head, and looked around. My senses were so vivid it was just like real life. I was also in a completely different place. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
You tell that Mitt Romney bastard, If he screws with Big Bird, he screws with me.

Re: The "Pop" into lucidity?

Postby SarahDank » 24 Oct 2012 04:10

I think that feeling is very common with Lucid dreamers.

When I started becoming Lucid, it was kind of just an amazing realization. And everything became so clear compared to when just Vivid dreaming and remembering so when waking up.

The only reality check I use is to say "Am I dreaming?" in my mind during the day and I will eventually say it in my dream's. BUT when I lucid dream now it is done on purpose - going to bed telling myself I'm going to Lucid dream, so I guess I don't get the same emotions as I did when I first started.

Postby tryingtodream » 24 Oct 2012 23:10

I always realize i am dreaming. i didn't know it counted as being lucid. When I know I'm asleep, I do wild things. but still I cannot do something odd. I can trip someone or trick others in the dream, thats always fun and all, but its still shady on the edges, and I cant do anything close to whats in the video of the homepage. All i can do is lean forward on a plane and tell the man in front of me I'm dreaming, and he'll be like "Cool." and just sit there. Then I would try to do something unnatural, and I can't. Once I was in class in a dream, realized I was dreaming and stood up. I told the class I was dreaming, and they all watched as I tried to lift the desk with my mind. They all start staring. I sit back down, disappointed at my failure, and sit through the rest of class, then I ran around the city after it. It wasn't that fun at all. I want to fly and all, but it is not happening :( Can someone help?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Oct 2012 18:08

Tomato wrote: I shook my head, and looked around. My senses were so vivid it was just like real life. I was also in a completely different place. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I've had that part of the experience during WILDs. I usually lose awareness for a split second and then "wake up" in a completely different dream scene which goes from a fuzzy black and white, shadowy and dark world to a 3D, sharp color world with 100% waking life reality. I can feel the ground beneath my feet and usually touch everything and pick up objects which feel exactly like waking life. It's really an amazing thing to experience. It's hard for me to even get past the amazement I feel and actually do things in the LD.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”