Lucid dream ideas for beginners

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
mastermind

Lucid dream ideas for beginners

Postby mastermind » 24 Oct 2012 22:26

I couldn't find any posts about ideas for lucid dreams for beginners.
If there is such a post that exists could you send me a link to it?
Anyway the question I ask is if anyone has a good lucid dreaming idea, something to do in a lucid dream, that would work for a lucid dreaming beginner. Alot of my lucid dream ideas have not worked out for me so well. Often I try to have dream sex which is never very rewarding. I've tried flying on a dragon but the dragon flew so fast I really couldn't appreciate what I saw. I rode on a make believe ride but it went so slow I woke up before I entered the next room. I went down into the ground because I remembered in an earlier lucid dream there was something scary and I turned away from it, hoping that I would be able to find and confront this fear I let myself float down into the earth, but sadly I found nothing down there at all. Dream eating hasn't proved very pleasurable either, even though i can kinda taste the food i eat.

So I'm asking what is something simple that a beginner can do in a lucid dream that is more likely to yield results and at the same time not be too stimulating to wake the dreamer up yet stimulating enough to keep engaged in the dream?

Thanks so much for your suggestions!

A few ideas I have yet to try is to go into the water and swim as deep as i can. another idea is to fly through space, maybe find an alien planet. or perhaps go into the future and see a future world. but i haven't had success yet doing these things. is there something that has worked for you?

tryingtodream

Re: Lucid dream ideas for beginners

Postby tryingtodream » 24 Oct 2012 23:09

I always realize i am dreaming. i didn't know it counted as being lucid. When I know I'm asleep, I do wild things. but still I cannot do something odd. I can trip someone or trick others in the dream, thats always fun and all, but its still shady on the edges, and I cant do anything close to whats in the video of the homepage. All i can do is lean forward on a plane and tell the man in front of me I'm dreaming, and he'll be like "Cool." and just sit there. Then I would try to do something unnatural, and I can't. Once I was in class in a dream, realized I was dreaming and stood up. I told the class I was dreaming, and they all watched as I tried to lift the desk with my mind. They all start staring. I sit back down, disappointed at my failure, and sit through the rest of class, then I ran around the city after it. It wasn't that fun at all. I want to fly and all, but it is not happening :(

mastermind

Re: Lucid dream ideas for beginners

Postby mastermind » 14 Nov 2012 18:59

tryingtodream wrote:I always realize i am dreaming. i didn't know it counted as being lucid. When I know I'm asleep, I do wild things. but still I cannot do something odd. I can trip someone or trick others in the dream, thats always fun and all, but its still shady on the edges, and I cant do anything close to whats in the video of the homepage. All i can do is lean forward on a plane and tell the man in front of me I'm dreaming, and he'll be like "Cool." and just sit there. Then I would try to do something unnatural, and I can't. Once I was in class in a dream, realized I was dreaming and stood up. I told the class I was dreaming, and they all watched as I tried to lift the desk with my mind. They all start staring. I sit back down, disappointed at my failure, and sit through the rest of class, then I ran around the city after it. It wasn't that fun at all. I want to fly and all, but it is not happening :(

hmmm interesting. u have to realize their are various levels or realization and lucidity. for instance, why would u sit back down through class in school if your dreaming? ;) ive had dreams where i realized i was in school so i leave the class, its rewarding enough to be able to walk out of class happily knowing u dont have to be there and ur free. its quite a nice feeling, even if little happens after that. flying and stuff is tough but the more i do it the better i get, its like in the matrix, u can do what u believe you can do. you think in your dream classroom gravity is holding your desk down? you think your dream teacher will send you to your dream principal and make u sit through dream detention?

heres some tips on flying that work for me, imagine your being pulled upwards by invisible ropes or pullys or something. also look at the place u want to go and imagine yourself being pulled towards it. these things have worked for me. but mostly when u become lucid, try and really realize that your dreaming and what it means. look at words for instance and see that they move around and wont be still. them realize that its a dream and theres no rules, no laws of physics or laws of nature or laws of mankind.

these days ive been trying to focus very carefully on one thing, like eating, to learn to reach higher levels of lucidity. sometimes i can walk through walls other times i cant. its a process. but your lucky u realize ur dreaming often, youll get good quickly

Return to “For Beginners”