My dream signal goes unnoticed!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
mastermind

My dream signal goes unnoticed!

Postby mastermind » 10 Sep 2012 12:57

So basically there is a dream figure, or what you would call a dream character or person, who shows up in many many of my dreams. In fact last night he was in several dreams I had, which I can remember them because when I think of this dream figure it reminds me of the dreams I just had. The thing is about this dream figure is that he should be a clear sign that I'm dreaming. I never see this person anymore, he lives very far from me. I haven't seen him since high school. He was someone who I didn't get along with, and I suppose it's a worst case scenario dream if I should happen to run into him again, plus in a lot of my dreams I go back to high school. Sometimes I beat up this guy, sometimes he beats me up, sometimes we become friends and get over the past. However I figure this should be my key!!!!!!!!! WHY AM I NOT BECOMING LUCID WHEN I SEE THIS GUY? I know I never will see him when I'm awake, I tell myself that all the time! Also how can I be in high school and not become lucid? Actually I have become lucid a few times because of the high school dreams, I realize I'm too old to be there, that I graduated almost a decade ago! However I have many many high school dreams in which I do not become lucid! WHY?

Can someone help me with this? How can I start becoming more aware in my sleep of these dream signs? What should I do? Any help, advice, suggestions is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Bleekman117

Re: My dream signal goes unnoticed!

Postby Bleekman117 » 10 Sep 2012 20:28

You are not realizing you are dreaming because, to your brain, a dream is reality when you are in it and your conscious mind, which knows you never see this person, is completely shut off.
To become more aware in your dreams, make sure you are doing a dream journal and about a dozen reality checks a day. Also, at night when you are laying in bed, reaffirm yourself that if you see this person, you will realize it is a dream. You need to plant the thought into your subconscious. Only then will you actually realize that this person represents the dreaming world.
The mind is a beautiful thing

theturtle

Postby theturtle » 22 Oct 2012 23:41

It happens to me too even when I predict my dream before hand and prepare to recognize it.

Last night, because I have had so many dreams in which I've been playing video games, I said to myself three times that if I am playing video games tonight I will know that I am dreaming.

Sure enough I either had one long dream in which I as playing several video games or two or three split dreams about the same thing but it still didn't help me.

Even having a known dream signal that appears so frequently that you'd be confident putting money on it appearing on any given night doesn't guarantee a lucid dream. At least not for me anyway.

mastermind

Postby mastermind » 24 Oct 2012 19:11

theturtle wrote:It happens to me too even when I predict my dream before hand and prepare to recognize it.

Last night, because I have had so many dreams in which I've been playing video games, I said to myself three times that if I am playing video games tonight I will know that I am dreaming.

Sure enough I either had one long dream in which I as playing several video games or two or three split dreams about the same thing but it still didn't help me.

Even having a known dream signal that appears so frequently that you'd be confident putting money on it appearing on any given night doesn't guarantee a lucid dream. At least not for me anyway.

for you tho you could perform a reality check everytime in real life that you play videogames, (assuming that you do play videogames) thats my advice to you, everytime you sit down to play do 2 or 3 very serious reality checks, and do them right, so when u go to play games in a dream you do a reality check and discover that your dreaming, for instance look for words that normally appear and see if you can move them in your mind or if they stay the same when u look away. or u cud just try to fly - that always works for me. but my problem is i dont see these people in real life, so its not like i can do a reality check in real life each time i see them. i guess youd have the same problem if u dont play video games in your waking life.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 25 Oct 2012 03:47

It takes time to condition your subconscious to realize these things. One night of reassuring will not do the trick. You need to do it every night, and way more than three times. Just repeat it in your head until you fall asleep. The number one key to lucid dreaming is patience.
The mind is a beautiful thing

mastermind

Postby mastermind » 27 Oct 2012 03:40

Bleekman117 wrote:It takes time to condition your subconscious to realize these things. One night of reassuring will not do the trick. You need to do it every night, and way more than three times. Just repeat it in your head until you fall asleep. The number one key to lucid dreaming is patience.

thanks

Return to “For Beginners”