Dream Incubation

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

Dream Incubation

Postby erichsa » 27 Oct 2012 19:19

I came across an article on dream incubation. I recall often great clear dream, with pointers like lost cars, trains, hotel lifts, etc… and every few days a flying dream, and also going through the day by day dreams. As I said those are mostly clear dreams, and a few not so clear. My problem is I don’t get lucid. Now to dream incubation. My plan is for a month to do the following: My mantra to repeat mainly while going to sleep: Lucid dreaming, or out of body! I am flying to the moon. In my thoughts I visualize getting out of bed and walk through three closed doors up a small paved path to an outlook, from the outlook a have a good view of the full moon, spread my arms and take off to fly to the moon. On the moon I have a walk about, and also look down to earth. After a while I fly back home, saying to myself. Great now remember how to it the next time. Can it work, or will experienced dreamer give me advice? I will put this in a few forums for perhaps more readers to see it. :)

Re: Dream Incubation

Postby Peter » 27 Oct 2012 23:47

any visualization that enforces a lucid goal or dream will help and keep your mind on the job. Keep at it and keep us posted
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Re: Dream Incubation

Postby lucidinthe sky » 01 Dec 2012 19:45

My success so far with the idea of dream incubation is to use it as basically a "warm-up" exercise for transitioning into the dream state. The way I do it is to try to create an actual experience in my mind instead of just trying to imagine it. It's hard to explain this, but I think this is the way dreams work, you're are creating an experience directly. So far my dreams never come out to the ones I create, but it does help to get things going. I try to use situations I'm famaliar with or have already experienced to start off.

Of course the key to becoming lucid is to realize that you are dreaming and for me this often comes down to a simple remembering. The less time that expires between my last conscious thoughts about dreaming and the actual dream, the better. I often remember that I just went to sleep and that I must be dreaming now. The way I work on that is by repeating things like "the next time I'm dreaming I will realize I'm dreaming, I'm going to remember to do a reality check, The next dream is going to be lucid, I could already be dreaming", etc. right before going to sleep and I often do several reality checks right before sleeping.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”