Selective sensory input in lucid dreams

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
ShadowStar889

Selective sensory input in lucid dreams

Postby ShadowStar889 » 28 Oct 2012 14:49

Has anyone noticed that you only sense things that you actually try to feel?

You don't notice the incredible detail until you stop to look at it.
You don't feel the ground under your feet until you think about it.
My left hand is a mirror image of my right hand until I remember that my lifeline is longer on the left.

Which means, ironically, the more things you notice in real life that you normally don't notice, the more vivid your lucid dreams will be, right?
Three Laws of Emotion
1. People who are happy tend to stay happy unless acted on by an outside force.
2. Happiness = Optimism*Event
3. For every change in emotion a person feels, there is an unequal and opposite reaction in the people around them.

KylePK

Re: Selective sensory input in lucid dreams

Postby KylePK » 31 Oct 2012 06:58

I think thats a good way to look at it. But I also think it can work the other way around. By lucid dreaming and being aware of the dream you are in, you are more likely to pay closer attention to things in your waking life because they will seem different to you once you have lived in a dream world.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 31 Oct 2012 22:21

KylePK wrote:I think thats a good way to look at it. But I also think it can work the other way around. By lucid dreaming and being aware of the dream you are in, you are more likely to pay closer attention to things in your waking life because they will seem different to you once you have lived in a dream world.

Ever since i started lucid dreaming, I've noticed I do this!
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 05 Nov 2012 05:52

ShadowStar889 wrote:Has anyone noticed that you only sense things that you actually try to feel?

My left hand is a mirror image of my right hand until I remember that my lifeline is longer on the left.

I've noticed recently that in some dreams the experiences are more about ideas than actual senses, as if the dream story itself was more important and the real sensory inputs were not bothered with because they weren't that important. Something seems to be saying "yes I know what that feels like or looks like, etc, let's just move on to the rest of the story and not waste the time" In these dreams, it's sufficient to realize things without the sensory experience. You don't need it. Like you do something that hurts and there is the idea "that hurts" or even "that's suppose to hurt" but only a very small sensory experience of it, just enough to confirm it.

But in many of the vivid dreams and all lucid dreams, everything snaps into a physical reality version where the actual senses are experienced, as if being lucid creates this solid world out of what are non-physical ideas. I'm still trying to understand it, Hope that makes sense.

ShadowStar889 wrote: Which means, ironically, the more things you notice in real life that you normally don't notice, the more vivid your lucid dreams will be, right?

I think the better you are at manifesting reality from the inputs of your 5 senses, the more real and vivid your dreams will be. As they say, practice makes perfect.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 08 Nov 2012 05:35

ShadowStar889 wrote:Has anyone noticed that you only sense things that you actually try to feel?

Which means, ironically, the more things you notice in real life that you normally don't notice, the more vivid your lucid dreams will be, right?

Now that you mention it... yeah.

When you're physically awake... your senses are constantly being bombarded with input. It's actually crazy when you think about it. Even when you think you're not getting any input, like when you close your eyes... YOU ACTUALLY STILL ARE! That visual input is the moving blackness you see behind your eyes. Crazy, eh?

Well, in a non-physical state... there's no "constant" sensory input, only what you "notice" and create on your own. So yeah, that makes sense to me. You can actually use that "noticing" to strengthen your awareness within that non-physical reality in order to extend your projection. I posted an article I wrote in another thread, give it a read, it uses this exact method in order to extend your experiences. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”