Do LDs occur in a coma?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ShadowStar889

Do LDs occur in a coma?

Postby ShadowStar889 » 28 Oct 2012 14:23

I've asked some people, some say yes, others say no. Can you?

Because if you can, I know what to do with my next vacation. :D
Three Laws of Emotion
1. People who are happy tend to stay happy unless acted on by an outside force.
2. Happiness = Optimism*Event
3. For every change in emotion a person feels, there is an unequal and opposite reaction in the people around them.

KylePK

Re: Do LDs occur in a coma?

Postby KylePK » 28 Oct 2012 19:02

I'd say its likely, but you would have to be really good in order to awaken your consciousness in a coma state. Your next vacation is going to consist of a coma lol?
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

ShadowStar889

Postby ShadowStar889 » 28 Oct 2012 19:52

Yup. An extremely stable lucid dream that's easy to prolong, and will last months. Bliss. :D
Three Laws of Emotion
3. For every change in emotion a person feels, there is an unequal and opposite reaction in the people around them.

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 29 Oct 2012 19:13

ShadowStar889 wrote:Yup. An extremely stable lucid dream that's easy to prolong, and will last months. Bliss. :D

Isn't that dangerous though? Comas aren't really a good thing..
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

ShadowStar889

Postby ShadowStar889 » 30 Oct 2012 01:47

Looked it up...People in comas either don't dream or have twisted illogical nightmares..
Three Laws of Emotion

fuzzylogic

Postby fuzzylogic » 05 Nov 2012 15:06

I'm not sure sure about where you looked this up but I think there is WAY more to it than some weird dreams. Comas have lead to MANY NDE, OBE and other paranormal experiences.

There have been many books written on the subject. Take a look at "Dying to be me".

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 06 Nov 2012 01:21

I have day dreamed about that and think it would be an interesting story to write: a 10 year lucid dream in a coma and then awaken. But it is only fiction as far as I know. Even if IT WAS lucid for 10 years or 5 or 30 or whatever amount of time,... I doubt I would remember it in full detail to report to others. And if the nurse is like anyone else I know in reality, they just wouldn't care to hear about it anyway! (Nobody I knows lucid dreams or even cares about their dreams at all. :cry: It's sad....) I also wonder what the brain functions are like in a coma... it might be quite brain-dead and no dreams at all...

BUT, if you want to try it, don't let me stop you. What is your coma inducing technique by the way? Hammer on the head? Jump in front of bus? Or eat too much ice-cream? (Brainfreeze induced coma...) All are valid.)

ANYWAY, I think it is possible and maybe we are in a lucid dream coma RIGHT NOW and don't realize it! :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

zombwob

Postby zombwob » 19 Feb 2013 02:54

Hi people,

First a bit of background and then about the coma.
I have been having LDs since I was 7 or 8. I never tried to, it just always happened. I never knew there was a name for it or that so many others had them until about 2 months ago when I came upon it unintentionally. I just searched on "do you know when you are dreaming." I could always tell I was dreaming and always knew I could wake myself anytime I wanted to. I did notice that sometimes when I thought of something it would then happen. For example, I could go to the beach or make certain people appear if I wanted to and that kind of thing. However, I never tried that hard to make really cool things happen until the past couple of weeks because I just never really thought of it.

Anyway, I also have been In a coma. It was for 32 days about 10 years ago I can just say for myself, I had no recollection of dreaming or anything else when I woke up. At first I just thought it was like the next day or something.

Peter

Postby Peter » 19 Feb 2013 05:53

Interesting about your coma experience as I have always wondered about that - thanks
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”