Am I becoming less aware?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
theturtle

Am I becoming less aware?

Postby theturtle » 28 Oct 2012 22:24

Since I've been trying to lucid dream I noticed something weird about yesterday. I was writing in my dream journal about how I was ecstatic to realize I did some simple math in a non-lucid dream which may have meant certain parts of my brain were starting to become active. How can I do math without logic and how did I have access to that kind of thinking in my dream?

Turns out I shouldn't have been so ecstatic. I calculated something correctly to see how far I could get if I ran away from home and walked ten hours a day for ten days at an average pace of 4 km/h.

While in a dream I calculated that 4*10*10=400. That was correct.

Later on in the dream I missed a train and wondered how long it would take me if I decided to walk the distance instead. I eventually made the incorrect calculation that 10*30 minutes = 6 hours.

Not only did I believe the absurdity in the dream but I went the entire next day not realizing that 10*0.5= 5 and not 6.

I started writing it in my dream journal and I wrote several times that I somehow got the right answer of 6 hours and even as I was writing it while awake I just assumed I had used correct math to begin with.

If I can be fooled by a dream even after it is over and I'm awake how can I possibly hope to avoid being fooled by it while I am dreaming?

lumencryster

Re: Am I becoming less aware?

Postby lumencryster » 29 Oct 2012 07:36

i wouldn't worry about it, this method simply doesn't work well for you. i'd try different things, and don't get upset of you don't become lucid, it takes time and practice.

Return to “For Beginners”