Restless PLZ HELP!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
WannaBeLucid

Restless PLZ HELP!!

Postby WannaBeLucid » 20 Jul 2011 18:47

Ive been trying to induce lucid dreams for about a week now and have made no progress. so far ive used the WBTB method and the MILD with no results. I thought at first it was just that i was to restless and couldnt keep my mind focused on the prize long enough. Then 2 nights ago i downloaded the Lucid Dream MP3 and used it for the past two mornings including this one to try to induce a DILD. Thing is i couldnt fall back to sleep once i got up i went to bed around 10 and woke 6 hours later like suggested and put the iso-tones to work. But made absolutely no progress either. I just lie in bed repeating it over and over and over. i feel the effects discribed such as the swirling colors in the darkness and the floating numb limbs and also the lead blanket feeling. Its a 45 minute recording and i played it 3 times this morning bfor i gave up. Why isnt anything working :roll: . PLEASE HELP ME!!

rdubya

Re: Restless PLZ HELP!!

Postby rdubya » 20 Jul 2011 19:11

Do you meditate regularly?

WannaBeLucid

Postby WannaBeLucid » 20 Jul 2011 19:16

yes i meditate everynight either throo breathing techniques suggested and with brainwave entrainment

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 20 Jul 2011 20:04

It seems this is a common problem that arises in these forums. People focus way too intensely on it, especially in the beginning. I am not sure how long you have meditating, but one of the key things you should be gathering is to take everything in stride. Balance is a must. You are doing the right things in letting your subconscious know your intents and desires, you just need to let it play itself out. Disappointment is one of the most counterproductive emotions for any goal. The focus on the want to do better is the appropriate response.

You are training your mind to try to wake up when it has been trained the last X amount of years to do nothing while you sleep. Keep performing reality checks throughout the day. It can take 1 day to infinity to experience a lucid dream, and when it does, reward yourself with happiness. Think of Freud's positive reinforcement method, except you are using it on your own mind.

WannaBeLucid

Postby WannaBeLucid » 20 Jul 2011 20:29

so what you are saying is i should keep doing what im doing but just be more patient. Anymore tips?

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 20 Jul 2011 20:36

Just ease up on your attempts at this--only meditate while it is still comfortable and relaxing. Sounds like listening to the tape 3 times for 45 minutes became more frustrating than helpful---

Reality checks for sure as often as you can-- dream journals, meditation, binaural beats/iso tones--- you'll get it-- just pace yourself

WannaBeLucid

Postby WannaBeLucid » 20 Jul 2011 20:39

ok thnx for the advice

Return to “For Beginners”