Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Bleekman117

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Bleekman117 » 25 Oct 2012 03:44

Sander, you need to stay aware and keep your mind busy. You can observe the passing thoughts but do not interact with them. Just observe and send them on their way. When you are ready you should try and create the dream in your head and play through it. If you succeed, eventually it will turn into a real dream!
Mitch, go to the main site and read the WILD guide.
The mind is a beautiful thing

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 28 Oct 2012 11:18

So I have been having Lucid Dreams every night 2 months later after finding this web page. The only problem is that my LDs aren't long at all! I might become lucid after 5-10 minutes of dreaming than.....Nothing, I just seem to forget that I was dreaming or I forgot what happened after that. I tried stopping this by doing reality checks and rubbing my hands together a billion times throughout the dream, but it doesn't work! My longest LD I had after my second one was just 5 minutes long, and I was doing those billion reality checks! I have noticed that after my successful first LD it became harder and harder to visualize objects and transform, etc,etc. Could that have anything to do with it? I was able to conjure food and objects really easily in my first LD/WILD but now I can't do it anymore! Please help! : :cry:

AngelXdv

Postby AngelXdv » 28 Oct 2012 20:11

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2476
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2420

And another one,trying FILD(Finger Induced Lucid Dream),I dreamed that I could breath with my nose being pinched. Then it was more like a normal morning. I knew in my dream(only in dream)that I was dreaming and all of that. But why was it JUST A DREAM????? WHY? It didn't feel like in waking life. It was like a dream. A non-lucid,normal dream. Could I not be able to lucid dream? Or am I very close to it? On the edge? Please help me,I think I am going insane if it will keep like this! And I even looked in the mirror for a second to see me with a hair very green and cut on half like clowns and some wicked horns like devilish. Also my face had something scary about it,and I told to myself:this is a dream,don't look in the mirrors,you are not ready! Is my mind trying to make me lucid dream because I wish so hard for it? I am 13 and it would be my greatest succes so far!

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 29 Oct 2012 04:55

Sterre, I have heard of one other person having this problem and honestly I don't know why it happens, but maybe try and just wait. If you know you are dreaming, instead of doing all those reality checks, just wait and see if anything happens. Unfortunately that is all I can suggest. Try looking at other forums around the net and see if anyone else has had this problem.

Angel, first off, I don't know if English is your first language or not, but the way you type confuses me. But what I gather is that your LD's are not very vivid. This is common with beginners. Just keep practicing and your dreams should get more vivid. You can also try taking some supplements/dream herbs. Look on the main site for what to take.
The mind is a beautiful thing

AngelXdv

Postby AngelXdv » 29 Oct 2012 14:14

I am romanian. I wanted to say that I was NOT lucid in those dreams. They were normal non lucid dreams. I wasnt in control of anything not even my body. I cant say that those were lucid dreams because I couldnt control anything. NOT EVEN ME! This is why I dont think I was lucid. I ouldnt feel anyrhing.
I have a scrappy phone. Could those be Luid dreams very unvivid? Also I cant take supplements but I read that honey helps too. Am I right? I hsve lots of natural honey(we have bees)
[ Post made via Android ] Image

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 29 Oct 2012 17:18

Hi Angel. I'm 12 and I know what you've been going through. My first LD was a WILD (beginner's luck) and was very hazy. My second LD was due to a dream character leading me to some room just to tell me I was dreaming. After that I somehow had LDs every night, though mostly 5 seconds long, but its a start. If you get that to happen in a dream, it would most likely work! Also, I'm betting you forget to do reality checks during the day, like me, or you dont bother, like me ;) , so you can do it in the evening instead while browsing this forum (which is my daily routine) and even though it might not work at first, it will pay off after a couple of days. Remember, the side effect is that your LDs might be very short, or you will be vaguely lucid, but you'll learn! Also, everyone can have a Lucid Dream, so if you give up, hakuna matata! Just chill and do a couple of lazy reality checks once or twice and it will come on its own time. 8-)

Lisecila

Postby Lisecila » 31 Oct 2012 20:54

Hello! I have been interested in Lucid dreaming for a while, but never tried very hard to have them. Suddenly I had one when I expected it least. After my first Lucid, I've been trying harder to become lucid again. The thing is, I was sleeping alone when I had this LD, and I usually share bed with my boyfriend. Is it harder to get lucid, when you share sleeping space with someone?
Last edited by Lisecila on 01 Nov 2012 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
My Lucid art and more (both in Norwegian and English) : http://nattkinomaskinisten.blogspot.no/

LenaCs94

Postby LenaCs94 » 31 Oct 2012 21:44

Hey.

I slept from 2 to 7 pm (Because I'm ill, don't know if this is important..) and the strangest thing happened! A sudden weight on my chest, I barely couldn't breathe. I tried very hard to have a lucid dream, but it was very hard to focus with this weight... I remember I thought to myself that when I woke up, in my dream, I would wake up in my room, because that's the easiest place I could think of. And I saw the Lord of the Rings-ring fall in front of me in slow motion. Totally random.. I tried really hard to focus, and wake up in my room (in my dream) but I couldt focus at all. I just saw short clips of my room. I don't know if I opened my eyes or not.. Before this I had dreamt that I met a guy in a parkinglot, outside of a hotel. It was dark outside, and he did something with the walls of this hotel, which sorounded me (Don't know how the cars got there..). Suddenly I become aware that I'm lying in bed and I feel that someone is in my room, walking around me, and stopping beside my bed, staring at me.. It was so scary! I couldn't do anything, not even open my eyes. When I suddenly woke up...
Anyway, is it "normal" to have this weight on my chest? It was very heavy to breathe. Like, I really had to focus on my breath... :)
Look forward to the future, but do not forget to live in the present!

theturtle

Postby theturtle » 02 Nov 2012 00:20

LenaCs94 wrote:Hey.

I slept from 2 to 7 pm (Because I'm ill, don't know if this is important..) and the strangest thing happened! A sudden weight on my chest, I barely couldn't breathe. I tried very hard to have a lucid dream, but it was very hard to focus with this weight... I remember I thought to myself that when I woke up, in my dream, I would wake up in my room, because that's the easiest place I could think of. And I saw the Lord of the Rings-ring fall in front of me in slow motion. Totally random.. I tried really hard to focus, and wake up in my room (in my dream) but I couldt focus at all. I just saw short clips of my room. I don't know if I opened my eyes or not.. Before this I had dreamt that I met a guy in a parkinglot, outside of a hotel. It was dark outside, and he did something with the walls of this hotel, which sorounded me (Don't know how the cars got there..). Suddenly I become aware that I'm lying in bed and I feel that someone is in my room, walking around me, and stopping beside my bed, staring at me.. It was so scary! I couldn't do anything, not even open my eyes. When I suddenly woke up...
Anyway, is it "normal" to have this weight on my chest? It was very heavy to breathe. Like, I really had to focus on my breath... :)

That's just sleep paralysis. I've had it too except I don't get the weight feeling when it happens. Many people do though and if you do a little reading you will find out the weight is normal. It is a common enough to feel a weight that a folk belief in an old hag sitting on your chest while you're in bed was created to explain it.

AngelXdv

Postby AngelXdv » 02 Nov 2012 22:46

Lisecila wrote:Hello! I have been interested in Lucid dreaming for a while, but never tried very hard to have them. Suddenly I had one when I expected it least. After my first Lucid, I've been trying harder to become lucid again. The thing is, I was sleeping alone when I had this LD, and I usually share bed with my boyfriend. Is it harder to get lucid, when you share sleeping space with someone?

Nope! Not an inch! There is no difference. I share the bed with my brother.

Return to “For Beginners”