Problems Trying to Wake Up

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.

Problems Trying to Wake Up

Postby foreverdreaming » 28 Oct 2012 04:28

Hi All;

I'm not sure if this has been covered before (apologizes, as I am new to the site). I have been a lucid dreamer since I was a child to get over nightmares.

I am having a problem which seems similar (but not quite) as people with sleep paralysis and I'm wondering if anyone else experiences this.

There are times when I am dreaming and I know it, and I want to wake up, but can't (which seems common, I'm relieved kind of to see other people have this), but in my dream instead of paralysis, its like I'm drunk or have narcolepsy. Regardless of the setting of the dream, I will try and walk around but I can't, it's like I'm so severely drunk I can't move my limbs properly, and I fall down and some times 'fall asleep' in my dream. And I'm trying to communicate to people that something is wrong with me, but they don't seem to understand what I'm trying to say, or just think I'm drunk or something.

On previous occasions, it has happened while I was driving in my dream, so it was like I was drunk driving and I was fully aware that I was drunk driving and all I could do was try my best to drive.

It gets really scary and when I do wake up, I have the sleep paralysis after-effects, its really hard to move my body, I'm usually sweating buckets and I feel like garbage.

Anyone else experienced this? Sometimes I'm afraid of going to sleep because of all the crazy dreams I have. There are days where I wish I never dreamed at all because it is so exhausting!

Re: Problems Trying to Wake Up

Postby ShadowStar889 » 28 Oct 2012 16:11

In my lucid dreams, I can simply faint on purpose, instantaneously ending the dream.

Before though, I had to tell myself to focus the best I could and dispel the dream with all my willpower. That didn't mean that I woke up, though, I usually went straight into another dream.

BTW, can you move in these dreams, or not?
Three Laws of Emotion
1. People who are happy tend to stay happy unless acted on by an outside force.
2. Happiness = Optimism*Event
3. For every change in emotion a person feels, there is an unequal and opposite reaction in the people around them.

Postby Dream_Wolf » 28 Oct 2012 21:39

well my first lucid dream (which was today morning, 28 oct) i just went to sleep in the dream (lol i dont know how its like being fully lucid,ect, but i was partially lucid and semi concious, about to go non lucid or something XD) lol hope this helps

Postby foreverdreaming » 30 Oct 2012 03:33

Ya I can move in the dream, just not properly, like I can't control my body properly, as if I am drunk, or I just woke up from surgery. Sometimes I fall down in the dream too, but it doesn't wake me up or change anything about the dream.

Postby Katehanna » 09 Feb 2013 07:07

But the problems which you are have during your dreams, is not good. You must consult to a doctor, in order to solve these problems.

Return to “Sleep Disorders”