Jumping from the 33rd floor

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
dr3am3r

Jumping from the 33rd floor

Postby dr3am3r » 30 Oct 2012 22:20

Hi everyone :)

I am new at the lucid dreaming and wondered if this is what its meant by controling it. Last night I had this strange dream that I was in the take away store with my friend getting the sweets for his pregnant wife ( she is not pregnant in real life). What happened was, the woman behind the counter refused to sell it to me as she was saying its bad for me lol I started arguying with her so she ended up calling the cops on us. We went to run but suddenly this store was located on the 33rd floor of a building and there was no way down like stairs or lift lol so my mate said that we had to jump. I was like, no way, we will be dead for sure. He said that we will make it. So we jumped :O
I was falling forever, seemed like 3 minutes. I remember thinking that scientifically there was no chance of surviving this fall but said to myself that I will land just fine. So I did, I landed on my feet and didn't even feel the impact. My friend as well. We got back home and soon after that I woke up. I told my bf about it and it turns out, this same friend was in his dream but then he dissapeared from his dream. Perhaps, he entered mine? Lol what is going on? Is this what controling lucid dream mean? By the way it was awesome, matrix style!

HAGART

Re: Jumping from the 33rd floor

Postby HAGART » 01 Nov 2012 21:21

I would say no, it's not lucid control.
In regular dreams, we do have choices sometimes and make decisions and control our fate, but if it was only after awakening that you truly realized it was a dream, then it wasn't truly lucid. If you had put two and two together and realized that your friend's wife is not pregnant in real life and the whole situation was ridiculous, you would have woken up consciously and started to think rationally while still in the dream scenario. Just laugh and tell the cashier to call the cops as you leave the store, and your dream friends behind and explore (or whatever you wish). Lucid dreaming isn't so much about what happens in the dream, but whether you are thinking with your rational 'self' and not in a dream stooper. Even when lucid and fully aware, my subconscious seems to control most of it and throws me for a loop whether I wanted something to happen or not.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

dr3am3r

Postby dr3am3r » 03 Nov 2012 10:38

Thanx for your insight :)
I feel as though my dreaming is improving since I haven't dreamt in more than a decade. In this particular dream I haven't thought of it as a dream while in it, but I did know that impossible was possible somehow so I had no fear and I knew that I would not die. I had other dreams where I said to myself not to wake up since I had so much fun dreaming. I think I am beggining to get to that lucid dreaming stage. In the last 2 months I have been to places all over the world, flying over mountains etc. Whether lucid or not, it is improving and I am happy I am dreaming again. Life without dreams is just so depressing.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Nov 2012 04:27

dr3am3r wrote: Life without dreams is just so depressing

Agreed. Some of the BEST dreams are actually not lucid at all.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

dreamwalker45

Postby dreamwalker45 » 04 Nov 2012 16:00

This is true, sometimes dreams we have that aren't even lucid can be more vivid and contain more useful information and lessons than the ones in which we're lucid..
If real is what feel smell taste and see, then real is nothing more than electrical signals interpreted by your brain..
http://inducingluciddreams.weebly.com

dr3am3r

Postby dr3am3r » 12 Nov 2012 02:29

yeah it seems that way to me :) Lately I have been kind of controlling my dreams in terms of that I tell myself what I want to happen, kind of, but I don't stop and say ' Hey I am in a lucid dream ' .
I deffinitelly don't remember smelling or tasting anything so who knows if they are lucid or not. What counts is that they are so much fun, almost like a all nighter movie marathon hehe :)

Return to “For Beginners”