A little help here? :0

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
AlwaysTrying

A little help here? :0

Postby AlwaysTrying » 31 Oct 2012 02:59

I kinda a had some dream. I wasn't sure whether it was lucid or not, I think it was, because I could somewhat control it. To better help you understand my story, I'll try to be as detailed as possible If you don't wanna read through, I'll underline the main points. Here goes...

Ok, so one month ago, I started reading about Lucid Dreaming on this website. Ever since then, I told myself to Lucid Dream until my end-year exams started. And of course, I fail miserably. However, yesterday, I didn't get enough sleep 'cause I had to read my exam notes early in the morning to make up for what I hadn't revise. So today at 1AM, I was wide awake. Couldn't get a blink of sleep. I tossed and turned, but nothing. Then, out of fun, I said this "I will lucid dream today." But I laughed at that because I thought it'll never happen. But guess what, I became "lucid".

After giving up at trying to sleep, I just lay my body on the sides. Then quickly, this loudass vibrating noise came booming in my head. You don't know my how fast my heart beat at that time. Then this... numbing sensation (?) came from my chest all the way to the fingertips. Then I realised, hey, maybe this is the Sleep Paralysis thing. So because I became fearful, this character came. I couldn't see him, but could only see his hand. It was a partial image, only neon-bluish lines, like between reality and dreamland. He was saying something like "Haha, you can't even see me..." in a sinister voice. He was holding and raising my hands while I was on my bed, immobile. I didn't know how, but I managed to kick myself out of the sleep paralysis. But before long, I had another sleep paralysis. This time I was a little calm, and no character appeared. So I tried my hardest to "pop" into the dream world, and I successfully did. But I was in my room though. I wouldn't say it was an OBE because my body wasn't there when I "popped".

So I began exploring. I did the "push-fingers-through-palm" method, and well, it did penetrate. Because it was blurry/misty, I rubbed my palms and said repeatedly "I am dreaming..." . And it turned out great, I could see more clearly.

OK, here comes the weird part. My WHOLE family was in the house. Yea, and they could talk/ were talking to ME. I'm not sure whether this can happen in a lucid dream... so yea. So I went outside my house, and it was raining and had a gloomy feel to it. I tried to change the scenery, but nothing happened. I thought it was normal and I felt bad about myself, then I pressed the elevator button to go downstairs (I live in a flat). Oddly enough, the elevator came. I thought that in lucid dreams, when you press a button, nothing should happen. So I went back into the house and had a chat with my family. While I was in the house, I tried the same reality check. This time, it hurts like a !@# . I could see my flesh oozing out from where my fingers would protrude. An unsightly sight it is. My family could react to this. They showed disgusted faces. When I released the finger, I flesh retracted back, but the marks at which the skin broke apart was still there, as well as the stinging pain. Soon, my brother asked me to do a magic trick, so I tried asking the dreams certain things like "Bring me a shirt/pants!", and a the object would appear before our very eyes. Again, they reacted. So after some time, a bunch of things happened but none were strange. At least to be lucid. All this lasted for about 10 mins - 15 mins ? But overall, it happened very quickly because I think I was tooo excited into getting things done like flying etc etc. (PS I failed in those things too) Some things happened too, like when I asked, "Show me my dream guide." , ... something popped up but it was rather vulgar so I wouldn't want to post that up because that'll be defying the rules of the forum.

So my questions are :
1. Can "people"/characters appear in a bunch and react to what you do in the dreams ?
2. Does this count as a lucid dream?
3. Why did it hurt when I did the reality check?
4. Why did the elevator work when I pressed for it?

Damn, sorry for the long post, I just did it to help you understand the scenario better. c: Do help.

HAGART

Re: A little help here? :0

Postby HAGART » 03 Nov 2012 03:28

AlwaysTrying wrote: "Show me my dream guide." , ... something popped up but it was rather vulgar so I wouldn't want to post that up because that'll be defying the rules of the forum.
NOW I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IT IS EVEN MORE! (My own vulgar imagination will have to suffice...) :oops:

I've had a lot of lucid dreams and sleep paralysis, but rarely do I ever experience it all at the same time like you did. Not only was that lucid, but seems about as intense as some W.I.L.D.s I've had. Becoming lucid from a WILD and appearing in your bed as if you never went to sleep is extremely common for me. I think it has to do with your mind's sense of place and sense of self. It was still very aware and rational... not lost in a dream yet.

1. Can "people"/characters appear in a bunch and react to what you do in the dreams ?
I see people all the time, mostly family, but sometimes strangers. And they do react to your feelings because they are really just projections of yourself.
2. Does this count as a lucid dream?
Hell, yes.
3. Why did it hurt when I did the reality check?
Sometimes a lucid dream can be so intense and 'real' that you can actually feel pain. "Pinch me, I must be dreaming" is something I hear in Hollywood, but actually proves nothing when you are lucid dreaming in real life. I tried it once in a lucid dream and I felt it.
4. Why did the elevator work when I pressed for it?
I think you mentioned earlier that you tried to change the surroundings but to no avail. It always amazes me how the 'world' you find yourself in is created by the subconscious and it is independent of 'yourself' in the dream. (I mean isn't it ALL YOU?!) Anyway, the world behaves the way you subconsciously expected it to. You said you live on a flat with an elevator. The dream you were in closely resembled your real waking life and that is EXTREMELY COMMON for me when I get an intense, realistic lucid dream. (which seen to always start from sleep paralysis or WILDs for some reason....)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

AlwaysTrying

Re: A little help here? :0

Postby AlwaysTrying » 16 Nov 2012 11:06

Ah, thanks for the detailed answers for my questions. Now with examinations coming to an end and with this doubts cleared, I can better indulge myself in the world of lucidity.

Recently, I've been trying to achieve lucidity without going too in-depth in learning how to do so (since I had to fill my mind with formulas, notes etc). One morning, by accident, I actually had a Dream Re-Entry L.D. and boy was I pissed when I did not achieve full lucidity. I could feel heat emitted from somewhere, and could feel numbness in my fingers. But I was disappointed when what laid in front of me was just a sheet of white canvas. ):

Anyway, thanks for the heads up yet again, HAGART.

~I'll Always Be Trying.

PS. The dream guide thing... It's really unusual, I should say. I think no one had a similar experience to that of mine. It's more of a tease, now that I think of it.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”