New here and wanting to learn

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Chaosescape

New here and wanting to learn

Postby Chaosescape » 04 Nov 2012 07:33

Im a 21 year old male and ive just recently started having lucid dreams.
When they first started occuring I wasnt really sure what was going on. Id be laying in bed and my body
would feel like it was going numb and then I would experience a rapid heartbeat. The next thing I knew Id start dreaming but id remain concious in the dream. The problems that im currently facing are that I dont know how to initally start a lucid dream so basically they occur at random. Either im Lucid or im not and secondly Id say that roughly 50% of the time I start off lucid but gradually lose control and end up completely falling asleep or waking up. Ive done a decent amount of research on the internet looking up different methods to try and correct these issues but nothing seems to be working for me. Ive noticed that the times that I do have complete control over the dreams is usually when Ive been awake for a longer period of time then I normally would upwards of 18 hours. Any advice on how I might be able to possibly fix whats going on especially from anyone who might have faced similar issues would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!
~Only those who have dared to let go... can dare to reenter~
-Meister Eckhart

R99

Re: New here and wanting to learn

Postby R99 » 12 Nov 2012 07:31

i am getting the feeling that u r not researched enough. these problems are part of the LD learning. put some more effort to it. but dont over done it. u have luck that u can realize how to enter LD state but u cannot maintain it. learn the techniques from this sites to prolong LD, basic form is reality checks. gud luck.
I see the Truth now.

Return to “For Beginners”