Lucidity on my second attempt?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
worldenterer

Lucidity on my second attempt?

Postby worldenterer » 22 Jul 2011 01:43

The first night I tried to achieve lucidity was an epic failure. The dreams I had were so weird and messed up, that I can't believe I didn't realize I was dreaming.

My second night of making an attempt, I remember doing a reality check in the dream. I could breathe while my nose and mouth were shut, but I dont remember having an AH HA moment or a sudden burst of realizaton. I do remember being able to slightly influence the enviornment of the dream though. Was this a lucid dream, or will I not have to ask if I have had a real one? :|
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Magnus

Re: Lucidity on my second attempt?

Postby Magnus » 22 Jul 2011 04:18

You'll know if you get one :)

As long as you know that you're dreaming, you're lucid.
First lucid dream : July 14, 2011
Lucid dream count : 5
Last lucid dream : 11 september 2011

Have given up, for now. The school is too much work. I am going to keep doing it i my weekend and vacations though :)

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 22 Jul 2011 04:25

Ok, so there will definately be an AH HA moment, thanks for the advice. :D
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 22 Jul 2011 15:14

When you realize your dream is as real as the "waking life", you'll know you are in a fully lucid dreams. There are times where you will realize it is a dream but you do not have an active conscious in it.

When it is fully on, you will know.

Honestly, when you are fully lucid, it would be like sitting right where you are right now, but if you were to reread this sentence it would be different words. (then again I have read the same line a couple of times in a lucid dream and it did not change) That is when you know you are dreaming, but everything has characteristics as real as the waking life.

Return to “For Beginners”