Delirium? or something else?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
ShadowStar889

Delirium? or something else?

Postby ShadowStar889 » 10 Nov 2012 17:12

One night, I had the flu, and my temperature was 103 or 104, and I told myself that there was no way I'd have a lucid dream, might as well just try and get some sleep.

As I lay there, part of my conscious mind shut down almost immediately. The rest of my mind started to pump out thoughts. At first, they were just normal thoughts, about events that happened that day. Then they bordered toward the nonsensical, like "the nutty cake in the sky above the moon landing". Pretty soon, I could feel every ounce of thought going toward those nonsensical thoughts, just hundreds and hundreds of them whirling across the synapses in my brain.

As their numbers reached higher, I could feel them coalesce into images. Individually, they were colorless, but as they clumped together, they gained color, blended with others, and became a perfect dream scene of me standing on a beach watching the sun set. I immediately tried to make it lucid, but it was a freeze-frame, and no more.

It soon became an endless slideshow of images that increased to ever higher speeds.

Then, a moment of blissful unawareness.

I take a few steps in a dream and then WHAM! Lucid dream. I got it that time. I realized that the place I was standing in was a combination of several memories ripped straight from the archives of my mind. However, I took a few steps and my frail mind apparently couldn't support lucidity in its state and the dream rippled and collapsed.

Anyone had a similar experience :?:
Three Laws of Emotion
1. People who are happy tend to stay happy unless acted on by an outside force.
2. Happiness = Optimism*Event
3. For every change in emotion a person feels, there is an unequal and opposite reaction in the people around them.

Snaggle

Re: Delirium? or something else?

Postby Snaggle » 10 Nov 2012 23:49

As their numbers reached higher, I could feel them coalesce into images. Individually, they were colorless, but as they clumped together, they gained color, blended with others, and became a perfect dream scene of me standing on a beach watching the sun set. I immediately tried to make it lucid, but it was a freeze-frame, and no more.

It soon became an endless slideshow of images that increased to ever higher speeds.

These were standard hypnagogic images.

Then, a moment of blissful unawareness.

This is abnormal you likely were very close to being awake here and this also is the likely cause of your dream collapse.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

ShadowStar889

Re: Delirium? or something else?

Postby ShadowStar889 » 11 Nov 2012 00:25

So what was happening?
Three Laws of Emotion
1. People who are happy tend to stay happy unless acted on by an outside force.
2. Happiness = Optimism*Event
3. For every change in emotion a person feels, there is an unequal and opposite reaction in the people around them.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”