15-second long lucid dream (A few questions)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

15-second long lucid dream (A few questions)

Postby TheCaptain15 » 11 Nov 2012 09:04

What's the most frustrating thing that can happen to a beginning lucid dreamer such as myself when you've worked so hard? To finally have a lucid dream only for it to be freaking short!

This happened to me, a few nights ago. I'll make it brief.

I started out on some alien, snowy planet where creepy aliens in suits took over some science facility I was in. I escaped out into the snow and ran only about a hundred yards until I spotted a community of small tents. I came up to the nearest one to find my uncle living in it. It was bigger on the inside than the outside. I entered the tent, zipped it shut, and turned around to face the exit. Out of the corner of my eye I spot a shower. A shiny black shower which seems to protrude out of the tent. Then like someone slapping me across the face, bam, I am suddenly aware that I am dreaming, and the feeling is that of pure joy xD.

That dream ended with me closing my eyes and trying to transport myself back to that facility. To this day, I still have a few questions I hope my fellow lucid dreaming community members can help answer about that dream. 1. Could the dream have been elongated? I think I lost the connection so quickly because I forgot to stabilize the dream and I closed my eyes, which I don't know if that action has any effect. 2. How come I just became aware, just like that? I didn't perform a reality check and the fact that the tent was bigger on the inside than the outside didn't bother me. 3. Could the fact that I woke up at 6AM, jotted down a few notes for a few minutes, went back to sleep while telling my mind I would become lucid, have anything to do with question 2?

I appreciate any answers you can give me, my friends! :D

Re: 15-second long lucid dream (A few questions)

Postby torakrubik » 11 Nov 2012 22:40

1. Yes, If you'd stablized the dream then it definitely could have continued for much longer.
2. Sometimes you can just become aware for no apparent reason. A reality check if often not neccassery.
3. It sounds like you implemented the WBTB method. This has a high success rate and I think it could well be the reaon you became lucid.
Dreaming is my drug

Re: 15-second long lucid dream (A few questions)

Postby TheDoctor » 23 Nov 2012 20:50

Hi Captain 15,

With regard to closing your eyes, let me tell you what happened to me.

Several mornings ago, I woke up in a state of sleep paralysis. My limbs were detached from my body, but when I closed my eyes, I could feel myself rolling around on the bed. I formed an intention to travel, and felt myself flow off of the bed and being whisked through the darkness. I became a little unnerved, opened my eyes, and found myself back in bed. That was the end of that.

A night or two later, I had a false awakening. I was lucid, but confused about where I was really sleeping. Still, I kept my eyes shut, got up and started feeling my way around. I had decided that since I was dreaming, I would allow the images to form *without opening my eyes*.

It worked!

Perhaps this will help you in the future. If you think you've woken up, keep your eyes shut. Hang on to the dream!

The Doctor

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”