Slow movements

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
kakes 411

Slow movements

Postby kakes 411 » 08 Aug 2012 07:14

I had a dream a while ago, that I was in a factory type building and everyone was treating it like a cafeteria. I don't know what led up to it, but eventually this one kid was acting stupid and I got mad at him. I tried to punch him, but my hand slowed the closer it got to his face. Nothing was holding me back emotionally as far as I could tell. Any idea why this happened?
I'm 12, and have been having lucid dreams for many years, but I just found out about the practice of them.

(Used to call them "dreams where you know you're dreaming")

Re: Slow movements

Postby paul » 12 Nov 2012 03:07

Movement in the etheric body is very slow, almost like moon walking. It could be that you were focusing more in the etheric (the energy of your fist) at that time. Going from astral (lucid dream) into etheric.

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2012 20:40

Paul, don't use belief-centric terms on the kid. Let him think for himself and decide what the nature of his experiences is - preferably already taking into consideration what has already been scientifically established (considering fact and not clinging to a belief formed from a hypothetical stance).

There is no reason to suppose that kakes 411's slow movements in the dream world can be explained by the nature of an etheric body - especially when the existence of such is doubtful.

I have a very plausible explanation for you, kakes 411, but, ultimately, you are the only one who can really uncover the real cause of the phenomenon in question. After all, it is your dream.

You say nothing was holding back emotionally as far as you could tell, but we are not aware of everything that goes on in our minds even in the waking state let alone in the fuzziness of non-lucidity. It is quite possible that your movements slowed down due to a preconscious fear of possible consequences that could arise from punching someone. We can only speculate about the level of conflicting thoughts that might have played a role during that dream scene.

You could also look into dream psychology in search for an answer that might resonate with you. Often, what we dislike in others is what we try to suppress in ourselves. There might be some qualities that you have that you are not happy with. Maybe you have even acted in a way that you think was inappropriate before. We all have "I was so stupid" moments! Dreams can sometimes reflect deeper issues too.

Perhaps, as a young one, you also know on some level that you are only learning and it isn't productive to get mad at yourself (this alone could have been reflected on the slow movement phenomenon). Also, think about how you felt during the dream and its elements. What do they represent for you? Building, factory, cafeteria...

The building could be a pun for your creative side (construction). Cafeteria implies that aspects of yourself could be feeding and thriving. Again, factory... manufacture... productivity. Perhaps a side of you realises that you are maturing and it is time to let go of the more childish aspects of your personality. Who knows? You know...
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Postby HAGART » 04 Dec 2012 02:48

I find it very hard to punch people in my dreams. I can feel EXTREMELY angry or pumped up like the 'fight or flight symptoms' have kicked in, and fight with all my might, but my punches land softly. Perhaps it is a personality thing. We are lovers... not fighters!
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”