Is there such thing as half lucid dream??

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
dr3am3r

Is there such thing as half lucid dream??

Postby dr3am3r » 12 Nov 2012 02:48

Hi :)
Well I don't know if I am lucid or not, probably not fully anyway. The other night I dreamt that I was in hotel and this handome Russian guy came in and started talking to me. Yeah ok, we were kind of flirting, well he looked like the huntsman from the ' Snow white and the huntsman ' lol :P
He was quite a big guy and soon I realised that he was pretending to be working at the hotel just so he can get in my room :O
I freaked out and after he started getting even closer to me ( thought he was going to assault me ), I managed to get rid of him, so he left. I looked through the peephole and saw him standing there as if he was waiting for me to think he was gone and then break in. I imagined wacking him over the head with this big metal bar but then I thought that he was too big for me to knock him out lol Now this is the strange part: Next thing you know, someone knocks on the door, and it turned out it was this short little Jamaican guy omg wtf? Russian was gone. I opened the door since I didn't feel threatened by him ( perhaps coz of his size ) and he was talking to me and was being rude and mean, and started to threaten me. I then got the metal bar which I imagined earlier and knocked out the Jamaican, got my stuff and left the hotel. It was real crazy and scary dream and felt like I was watching a movie. Any thoughts? Is it somewhat lucid?

R99

Re: Is there such thing as half lucid dream??

Postby R99 » 12 Nov 2012 07:21

did u realize it is a dream, or did u control anything in the dream. if not it wasn't a LD. a small realization about that u r dreaming make its a Lucid dream.
I see the Truth now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2012 21:36

The lucid state can be deep or shallow. There are many existent levels. The state itself is not fixed, it tends to fluctuate between wakefulness and dreaming. Our challenge as lucid dreamers is to maintain it at a deep optimal level.

For example, if you see the lucid dream environment fading, you can rub your hands (don't do it for appearances, try to feel the warmth of the rubbing, the tactile sensation, the sounds of the hands moving - make it realistic!) or you can touch dream objects and actively observe them at the same time in order to bring back the intensity. Sensory amplification is one of the keys to keep the lucid dream alive for longer.

Also, if you feel that you are losing consciousness and slipping into ordinary dreaming, remind yourself that you are dreaming. Perhaps make the habit of reminding yourself every so often to prevent a consciousness lapse.

Having a good and interesting plan of action is ideal and also helps one to keep focused and use the lucid dream time productively.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

dr3am3r

Postby dr3am3r » 13 Nov 2012 01:19

Thanx for the reply :)

Its strange, I am sort of aware it is a dream as I am conscious that nothing can really hurt me during a dream so its like I play around with it and direct it, like a movie. But I have trouble feeling things and smelling things etc. It is always the last thing on my mind..I keep on creating the next scene instead, so to speak. I am fully aware of my mind while dreaming, its just weird.. If I want to sleep another few hours in order to continue dreaming (even though its time to get up ) I would. Untill I had enough lol But I have never told anyone in my dream that I'm dreaming and vice versa..

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Nov 2012 00:29

I think there is a half-lucid state.
I sometimes get dreams that are first person, I am there, and yet I somehow know that there are no consequences and have the will to change what happens next. Like a very vivid daydream.

Sometimes I will say to someone, "you know it doesn't matter because this is just a dream anyway." Then it finally hits me. And I become fully lucid. I wake up so to speak and am fully conscious. Nothing else changes as far as the surroundings, but my inner self sure has and that can change everything!

Then I know that the whole story or dilemma that was just happening doesn't have any importance anymore and I can walk away, go through a window or open a door and explore what is on the other side. If the dream-story was fun however and had no apparent end or resolution I will play along and please all the characters in it and find a happy ending. It feels good like all the knots where tied after you wake up. (with NON-lucid dreams I usually wake up feeling like something was unsettled or unfinished or the knots where left untied.)

Anyway, I do feel semi-lucid sometimes.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Jenn0607

Postby Jenn0607 » 26 Nov 2012 21:41

HAGART wrote:I think there is a half-lucid state.
I sometimes get dreams that are first person, I am there, and yet I somehow know that there are no consequences and have the will to change what happens next. Like a very vivid daydream.

Ya me too. Accully the day I found out about Lucid dreaming, I was just trying to increase dream recall, no methods or anything, but the last dream of the night, I was in a rainbow-y landscape and I imediatly knew I was dreaming. Which is weird cause I'm never at my senses in a dream. Thing is it didn't go all vivid and stuff like my past dreams were that night. There was a bunch of static, like on a bad TV connection. And then I figured, ok im apperantly lucid.....i think.......and so I looked around the static-y place and found this creepy pair of dragonfly wings attasched to a rock. Dont ask. They made a weird noise and I wanted them to stop (i knew nothing about dream control BTW), so I was all: STOP. and nothing happened. Then I accully grabed them (I didn't feel them or anything either. My only sense I could use was sight) And I again told them to go away. Ya didn't work.

Then there was a weirder thing, but I don't want to make this TO long. -<3
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Finaly what Iv'e been looking for. A place where anythings possable.
<3

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 28 Nov 2012 04:16

I had one of those last night. For the first time, I was lucid but with no big "aha" moment or huge rush of excitement. I really had more of an awareness that in the dream I was existing in a non-physical state and explained to a DC that I usually walk, but sometimes float which I demonstrated with some will and effort. Someone offered food which I also explained was optional for us in the "spirit" state we were in.

What I'm finding though is that the depth of the dream is a bigger variable than anything. Being lucid in a deeper dream is a lot more of an incredible experience. They are so much more real and stable. Some of the dreams that I don't feel fully lucid in are just not deep enough it seems.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”