WILD Problem...

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
kiuytrd

WILD Problem...

Postby kiuytrd » 12 Nov 2012 04:35

Ok, so I've been trying the WILD technique (not sure if i spelled that right...) and I relax, but I never get further into hypnogogia than just swirls of blue and yellow.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Hmmmm what to do...

Ryan

Re: WILD Problem...

Postby Ryan » 12 Nov 2012 05:23

Just keep doing what you're doing. You're doing fine.
Keep working on just noticing the swirls... allow your consciousness to be taken into them. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2012 21:13

Don't try to absorb any details of hypnagogic imagery otherwise the images will disappear as quickly as they emerged. Absorb them as a panorama instead, and then, only when you find yourself in dreamland, can you start peering at any objects you want and study their minute details - but keep active and have a plan of action lest the lucid dream collapses.

Do not make the mistake of trying to have a WILD without any prior sleep. This should only be tried once the lucid dreamer has acquired a certain level of expertise. Walk before you can run when it comes to lucidly entering your dream worlds. For WILDs, sleep first (recommended: 6 hrs) and then you can catch your awakening to propel yourself into a lucid dream from the hypnopompic state.

With more experience, you can start getting up in the morning, engage in a relevant/extraneous activity (go over your plan of action, read a few pages of a book about lucid dreaming, use the toilet, drink water etc.) for about twenty minutes, and then return to bed and relax first before focusing on one thing only in your head (imagined sound, image, sensation...)

If realistic phantom sensations ensue, amplified them. If you fall asleep, don't worry, you can catch the next awakening. Here's a useful tip: often, a practitioner can enter the lucid dream world by trying to separate from the body the second they have woken up without physically moving (as in OOBEs - of course, like everything else, this separation from the body is also a dream illusion). All that remains is to move with the phantom body and this way one can bypass the staring at hypnagogic/hypnopompic imagery bit.

Rebecca has some useful instructions for WILDs too that you might want to check out or review. Good luck! 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

kiuytrd

Postby kiuytrd » 13 Nov 2012 05:43

Thank you both for the info! :)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Hmmmm what to do...

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”