My lucid dreams nevr felt LUCID

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
AngelXdv

My lucid dreams nevr felt LUCID

Postby AngelXdv » 05 Nov 2012 11:39

How comes thar I have lucid deams thst feel like normal dreams? I had one today:it just hit me Hey i am dreamimg and looked at my hand to see six fingers. I told someone that I am lucid and he said Yes Yes you are. But I couldnt feel,touch,smell anything. I didnt feel like having a lucid dream just a normal non lucid dream. I had like six of those so called lucid dreams but I couldnt feel anything. I couldnt smell or touch or feel. I hadnt got my first LD to feel like in waking life yet. In them I couldnt feel anything. So any tips that I can follow? I dont feel that I controlled me, I feel that my subcooncius did that.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Re: My lucid dreams nevr felt LUCID

Postby HAGART » 06 Nov 2012 01:05

90% of my lucid dreams are very 'dream like'. I don't have a sense of 'self' and feel more like a floating orb. I am definetaly lucid and know who I am and that it is a dream, but the senses are not there. Just the visuals. It is rare, (maybe once a month) that I have had some really vivid lucid dreams in which all my senses are alive. Especially touch! (people say 'seeing is believing', but when I have a lucid dream where I can touch and grab and throw things, they are the most 'real') I have actually never smelled anything in a lucid dream... I did once in a false awakening but that was not lucid... vivid, but not lucid,... I had no idea at the time.)

Anyway, I always forget this myself, but when you become lucid and know it, TOUCH THINGS and pick things up. That makes it feel so much more real.

And in my experience, and I bet others, my most vivid, true to waking life dreams that I get, whether lucid or not, always happen in the early morning after I awake and go back to bed and dream for another hour or three.

(Just this morning I went back to bed and was NOT lucid, but it was SO VIVID and like waking life. I was actually washing dishes at one point! Nothing spectacular and very mundane. The lucid dream eluded me as it sometimes does, but those early hour dreams are always the most vivid aren't they?)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Arbiter72

Postby Arbiter72 » 16 Nov 2012 23:17

I can lucid dream but can't really "control" myself. However i can control my dream world. Can someone help or explain what's going on here?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Nov 2012 00:39

I think that although lucid, you are not really YOU.
Your sense of self is different. I sometimes feel like a child in my lucid dream although when awake I know I am 33 and should behave accordingly. But that is just a mental filter I consciously place on myself. There is always an inner child in all of us and that is the personality that I have in a lucid dream. After all, it was my first and true personality.

Not only is the environment different from reality and behaves differently (depending on how much focus you place on something), but your own internal, introspective self is also different.

That is what I have noticed with myself, and it is not a problem. Relish it and take notice. Then you may realize that your true self is not what you thought you were......... or you were always you and all that conscious baggage you placed on yourself is non-existent, if you mentally abandon it......

So anyway, if you want to control yourself in a lucid dream.... get to know yourself. We are like our own best friends who have become so accustomed to each other we forget to listen to each other. :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”