Hey!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ShadowTheif14

Hey!

Postby ShadowTheif14 » 19 Nov 2012 05:18

Okay so I'm new to this website and have yet to have my first LD. Right now I'm trying a MILD technique that I rea about one here where you sleep for about 9 hours then after your alarm goes off you hit the snooze for another hour. I've tried this twice so far and the first time I couldn't get back to sleep the second when I did fall asleep it didn't become lucid. I'm not sure if it's because I'm doing something wrong or if I don't know how to become lucid while in my dream.
Yes, I am aware I've spelt Thief wrong. Don't worry, it is bugging me to the ends of the Earth.

LCDAnthony

Re: Hey!

Postby LCDAnthony » 19 Nov 2012 23:18

Hey ShadowTheif! So you're I take it that your trying to do the Wake Back To Bed method? If that's the case, don't sleep for 9 hours then wake up and go straight back to bed. You want wake up after 5-6 hours get up (out of bed) and start waking up for 20-60 minutes. Then as you go to sleep, perform the last two steps of the MILD technique. This should help with vividness and recalling dreams...

If you're NOT trying to do the WBTB then are you trying to do the Dream Exited Induced Lucid Dream? If so!... You want to wake up in the middle of a dream, once you achieve that DO NOT MOVE as soon as you wake up, just sit there, don't even move a finger! And just put yourself back into the dream knowing that your are going to dream.

If both the WBTB or the DEILD are not the one you are talking about then I'm afraid I wouldn't know.. :\

P.S. I saw that you're from Utah! Me too! I live in Herriman.

ShadowTheif14

Postby ShadowTheif14 » 21 Nov 2012 08:10

LCDAnthony, thanks for the tips! And I think I've heard of that town... what county is it in?
Yes, I am aware I've spelt Thief wrong. Don't worry, it is bugging me to the ends of the Earth.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 21 Nov 2012 17:56

You're welcome dude! I like the WBTB I just can't get out of bed sometimes haha, I want to the DEILD but I don't got an alarm that shuts off by itself. But Herriman is in Salt Lake County

Return to “For Beginners”