Good or Bad

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
zebrafriek1

Good or Bad

Postby zebrafriek1 » 21 Nov 2012 16:54

I just got done meditating and i want to know if it was the proper way to meditate. I read the article on this site on meditating so i tried the breathing exercise. Basically, i went to my room, sat down in my chair, and slowly and deliberately breathed in and out. I counted the breaths and after 50 breaths, everything seemed quieter and i didn't swallow once or move the whole 50 breaths. Is this a good, proper meditation?

lumencryster

Re: Good or Bad

Postby lumencryster » 21 Nov 2012 18:47

i'm not sure meditation can be considered good or bad because of what you do, but if it helps you relax, you're on the right track. however, from personal experience i would say you're not trying to do anything "deliberate" while meditating. so instead of trying to breath in a certain way, try to let yourself breath and observe your breathing without taking any control.

here is a video that may help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ljVqV5IDTo

zebrafriek1

Re: Good or Bad

Postby zebrafriek1 » 21 Nov 2012 19:05

Sorry I didn't explain that right. By deliberately I mean I was making a point of noticing my breathing not forcing my breathing.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”