Question about getting to sleep and some strategy for LD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Bruce.M

Question about getting to sleep and some strategy for LD

Postby Bruce.M » 23 Nov 2012 01:49

So I started reading up a lot and trying to lucid dream a few days ago. The first 3 nights or so I couldn't really get to sleep and woke up literally 15-30 minutes after I have fallen asleep and that would leave me wide awake for the next few hours.

I quit trying to imagine my dream before falling asleep and just letting my mind wonder like usual after I stopped trying to imagine I could fall asleep again. Has anyone had this problem?

Another thing does anyone have some kind of strategy they use for LD when they started?
Because before I started dream recalling I literally never remembered any of my dreams. Maybe one every month or two and that was it. I can at least remember 1 dream now a night at least 5-6/7 days a week.

Still no luck with becoming lucid though but I don't expect it to happen fast. My dream are pretty average day stuff just with weird things that happen like can't see your reflection, teleport places instead of walking there and stuff like certain things being out of place or different than usual. My dreams are more on the everyday waking life side than on the full dream side (flying, seeing monsters, being at weird places, etc.)

LCDAnthony

Re: Question about getting to sleep and some strategy for LD

Postby LCDAnthony » 23 Nov 2012 03:06

I'm right there with you dude, I started trying to lucid dream about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I have pretty vivid dreams and very detailed ones though.

What I do is I do reality checks all day every day at least 10 times! Then I meditate which is just an awesome way to improve on visualization and vividness in a dream, it also helps with dream recall. And lastly I keep a very detailed Dream Journal.

The techniques I do are the Wake Back To Bed technique which is where you go to sleep like normal for 5-6 hours then you wake up, get out of bed, and get your mind working for 20-60 minutes. Then I fall back to sleep doing the Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream technique. By combining these two techniques I get almost very real vivid dreams. I'm also looking into doing the Wake Induced Lucid Dream.

It does take a while to achieve a first lucid dream for most people. So stay very dedicated to lucid dreaming. As far as the sleeping problem with waking up, just practicing doing the methods every other night so one night you can get sleep and the other night you can do techniques. This is the best I can say to do because I don't do that. Also try taking naps during the day.

So with best of luck, hope this helped!

Bruce.M

Postby Bruce.M » 23 Nov 2012 05:29

LCDAnthony wrote:I'm right there with you dude, I started trying to lucid dream about 2 1/2 weeks ago. I have pretty vivid dreams and very detailed ones though.

What I do is I do reality checks all day every day at least 10 times! Then I meditate which is just an awesome way to improve on visualization and vividness in a dream, it also helps with dream recall. And lastly I keep a very detailed Dream Journal.

The techniques I do are the Wake Back To Bed technique which is where you go to sleep like normal for 5-6 hours then you wake up, get out of bed, and get your mind working for 20-60 minutes. Then I fall back to sleep doing the Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream technique. By combining these two techniques I get almost very real vivid dreams. I'm also looking into doing the Wake Induced Lucid Dream.

It does take a while to achieve a first lucid dream for most people. So stay very dedicated to lucid dreaming. As far as the sleeping problem with waking up, just practicing doing the methods every other night so one night you can get sleep and the other night you can do techniques. This is the best I can say to do because I don't do that. Also try taking naps during the day.

So with best of luck, hope this helped!

I actually just tried the WILD tech. I was really tired all day because I woke up earlier than usual and couldn't go back to sleep so I figured I would try it. I couldn't get fully into it but it's a very intense feeling at least it was for me.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 23 Nov 2012 12:58

Yeah when Do the WILD I get these little tingling feelings throughout my body and I see things but before I get any sign if SP I fall asleep and just end up having great sleep haha. But I just started doing it so it takes work

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”