Questions about the WILD tech.

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Bruce.M

Questions about the WILD tech.

Postby Bruce.M » 23 Nov 2012 05:44

Okay, so I just got done at an attempt of the WILD tech. I tried it before going to sleep at all because I woke up earlier than usual and couldn't fall back asleep today and was really tired so I figured I'd try it.

I've tried it a couple times before but couldn't get back the 'staring at the back of my eyelids' part and the florescent swirls and such. BUT this time was a bit different.

Not sure if I even did it right so tell me if I need to change something.

I was laying there staying still with my eyes closed and focusing on the black. My mind kept wondering off with what I'm going to call them day dreams. and I'd catch myself before falling asleep and focus back in on the blackness/swirls, patterns etc. One time when I did it, it was like not sure how to explain, getting hit with some kind of force not painful but made my whole body tingle and kind of started me over because my heart started racing and I started breathing faster. Not sure if it was excitement, fear, or just what was supposed to happen.

The second time was the same thing just without that 'hit' after that I tried to get it back but was just laying there with what felt like a numb body from the waist down and my arms were numb too.

Am I doing something wrong or is this supposed to happen?

If it's supposed to happen, does anyone have any tips on how to keep going further into it. Instead of jumping back out?

Going to practice MILD I guess, hear it's more suited for beginners so I'll give that a go. Still some feedback on the WILD tech would be appreciated. :D

Xyyzzz

Re: Questions about the WILD tech.

Postby Xyyzzz » 24 Nov 2012 06:30

You should always be calm while starting out a WILD. Close your eyes and stare into the blackness. I turn of all sounds that may come to me and avoid making them come. One problem here is working too hard on staring, because you may find yourself peeping out of your eyelids at some points. This is when you should find a good, comfortable sleeping position.

Eventually you'll start seeing patterns in your head. Don't force these patterns to change when they first come, they may vanish. The place you may be going wrong is that you're intensifying these patterns too hard, and that hurts your brain. While the patterns are repeating, I start pretending to hear sounds in my head from my previous dreams. You don't have to hear, you can choose whatever sense you are strongest with. For most people, it's visualizing and that's where you see the dream.

At one point you'll fall asleep and then you'll go back into the dream - but you'll notice the dream is much more vivid, and that's when you know you're lucid.

KylePK

Re: Questions about the WILD tech.

Postby KylePK » 27 Nov 2012 21:03

Yes, don't stare at HI. It makes me go cross-eyed. I just observe it, as you would observe something with peripheral vision. Not really focusing on it but watching it nonetheless. Also, the HIT you felt, was probably vibrations. I use to call it a surge of energy and I still associate it with the opening of the mind or the third eye, since I have experienced this during meditation completely unrelated to dreaming. You aren't doing anything wrong, just continue to let the sensations and feelings wash over you. Its important to have an almost passive mindset because otherwise you will end up fighting the process. Your body does this every night on its own, so you don't really need to focus or try too hard at anything. Just keep your consciousness awake and passive as the dream state progresses. Yes, try to stay calm as well, but don't make the mistake I used to make. TRYING to stay calm and FOCUSING on keeping my mind clear and open, and INTENDING to go into the dream. None of those work. They keep your mind to active and inevitably distract you or just end the process. You just have to know what you want ahead of time and then just wait it out, and subtly encourage any sensations you feel to get stronger. Its weird. Focus without actual focus. Next level stuff. :P
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”