Lucid dream before waking up/Spinning

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamerinmiami

Lucid dream before waking up/Spinning

Postby dreamerinmiami » 19 Nov 2012 13:51

I just had a lucid dream ! It was quick... My friend was setting up a very cool fish tank with colorful fish. The fish tank looked like a washer machine. As he was adding more water a seal was in the tank.. I said wow a seal?!?! cool! I was watching it slide around, then a small humanoid creature with seaweed all over it was in there. I said to my friend what the hell is that?!?! Then It hit me and I said im dreaminG!!!.. i smiled with exciment. the thought occured of waking up so i started spinning aroung saying the next scene will be a dream the next scene will be a dream. I felt it working. I was in the same dream scene but i STILL woke up. kind of upsetting but i feel super happy! :D :) :lol:
What is your definition of reality?

rothgar

Re: Lucid dream before waking up/Spinning

Postby rothgar » 20 Nov 2012 00:39

Cool! Was that your first? Congrats...

[ Post made via Android ] Image

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 20 Nov 2012 23:36

rothgar wrote:Cool! Was that your first? Congrats...

thanks! but no I have had a couple of lucid dreams. its just hard to stay asleep :roll:
What is your definition of reality?

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 22 Nov 2012 04:30

Not to be too negative here, but I have had 93 LDs and cannot figure out yet how to extend them very long. Most very short...seconds... I have had a few that were longer but dont know exactly why. Usually an early dream cycle LD. Also, less fully aware and really into the dream. If I do figure it out I may want to teach this stuff... I have learned a lot about LD entry... just need to solve the staying puzzle.

neuralswarm

Postby neuralswarm » 22 Nov 2012 16:52

To prolong a lucid dream try to immerse yourself in the experience of dreaming. I've had about 15 give or take of varying lengths, and the best seems to be to spin and have a clear intention to stay asleep.

If you do wake up, you have a choice. You can try and remember the dream as fully as possible and re-enter it, or you can record the dream which might lessen the chance of entering the same dream. If you don't record it though, you might forget it all except that you had achieved lucidity.

I've found whenever I get too focused on any one thing (instead of a broad focus on the world) the dream tends to fade. Saying "I want to keep dreaming" or "Stabilize!" can help. The main thing seems to be the intention to stay asleep and calm must be strong.

You want to keep one foot in the dream world and one foot reminding yourself that it's a dream. It's a delicate balance but you can learn it!

Hope that helps!
Lucid dreaming is like candy for the mind.

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 23 Nov 2012 16:45

Really helpful info on stabilizing...some I already discovered by experience...not focusing on one thing... too long. Am going to try vocalizing 'stabilize'. One problem is just remembering to do the planned action! I did find that grabbing and holding something, or diving into the floor can prolong the dream into an FA but then forget to RC or take advantage and then wake up. Well, its all fun and growing ones knowledge and skill is rewarding.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”