My Lucid Dreams..and one mysterious dream controlling

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

My Lucid Dreams..and one mysterious dream controlling

Postby aire » 23 Jul 2011 13:50

Hello guys, I am a newbie here.

Since I was a child, I have several dreams.

I dreamed of being in a high tower and I can gazed the clouds. I then suddenly had the thought that I am dreaming that is why I pinched myself. Since I felt no pain, I realized that its only a dream. To confirm, I jumped off that high tower (which I remembered as a church). As I stood up from the ground, I felt no pain nor bruised. I was so glad. Then I woke up.

I have many lucid dreams in between but I cannot remember them at this moment.

Last year, I remembered two lucid dreams. The first one, I forgot how, but I realized I was dreaming just by pinching myself again. Then I decided to fly in the nightsky. I saw many lights atop of the buildings. I even flew just above the vast ocean. In another, I again realized that it was a dream, then I did the things I wanted to do.

Just this afternoon, I had a dream. But I do not, know if its still a lucid dream. This is the first time I felt this.

I am seating on a bus, I am wearing black. On my left is my bag, on my upper right is a hand handle. A guy was seating in front of me. THen I realized he is slowly getting my bag. Then, I held my two hands on him (as if I am going to catch him)....

Then, suddenly all turned momentarily black. I felt a tingling sensation. Then I felt the capability of taking control on my dream. It seemed that what happened in my dream was part of my subconscious plan. As I held my hands to catch him while he is seating and getting my bag, he caught me. He caught my two hands, and then kissed me. Swear, I really felt the sensation that time. Then, I had the feeling of redoing it and I know I can thru that same tingling sensation. However, on my blurry peripheral vision I saw my mom sleeping beside me (which is actually she is sleeping there beside me). Since, I do not want my mom get awake and see me kissing a guy on a dream (while redoing it) I very slowly turned my body on my left. It was very slow to avoid losing that tingling sensation. However, I think I overdid it that is why I woke up. Upon waking, I tried to recall that sensation to redo the dream but I cannot since that time I am more aware with the sounds coming from my surroundings (TV on, dog barks, etc.)

Thanks for reading.
More lucid dreams to come :)

Re: My Lucid Dreams..and one mysterious dream controlling

Postby fineganswaker » 03 Aug 2011 19:32

Hi, Aire.

Sorry I didn't see your post earlier. You experiences are interesting to me because I had a similar experience in a recent dream I had where I was most definitely controlling certain aspects of the dream, but I wasn't necessarily lucid in it (I was willing myself to fly all around, making dream figures I didn't like disappear, making scene shifts, etc., but there was no sudden realization that I was dreaming).

--So, if the idea of "waking up in a dream" is a paradox, then wouldn't another one be the idea of a "non-lucid, lucid dream"!?

Maybe the answer to that paradox is that there are different types of lucid dreams. The further I get into this the more it certainly seems that way. But I haven't seen anything in any books (yet) where anybody has tried to categorize these various experiences (although I'm still working my way through Robert Waggoner's book--which I highly recommend).

Yet another category of lucid dreaming might be the experience of "dreaming about being lucid without actually becoming lucid". That's another odd hybrid, and some folks out here have posted some interesting comments about that type of dreaming as well.

Hey, maybe you're already doing this, but if not I would definitely suggest you start keeping a dream journal--if only to catalog your lucid dreams. It sounds like you've got a natural talent for it!

Best of luck, and keep us posted.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”