Trouble Recalling Dreams

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.

Trouble Recalling Dreams

Postby MinecraftLucid » 23 Nov 2012 15:03

I searched this but it said "the words recall and dream are too common", so I'm asking here. Sorry if it's a double post.
I have trouble recalling my dreams. I keep a dream journal, and I read about Lucid Dreaming like an hour a day, I commit to remembering my dream, I meditate, and use MILD, (but instead of saying I will have a lucid dream tonight, I say I will remember my dream tonight).
Any advice on how to remember dreams?

Re: Trouble Recalling Dreams

Postby Bruce.M » 23 Nov 2012 20:03

Main thing I've noticed is movement when you first wake up. The more you move when you wake up usually the harder it is to remember any dream you were having that morning/night.

When you wake up just lay there for a few minutes and keep asking yourself "What was I dreaming?" and keep piecing together parts of your dream. Just remember not to move. A lot of times wen my alarm goes off and I move to turn it off, it usually makes it really hard or impossible to remember my dream. But the mornings I wake up by myself and just lay there the dreams are easy to remember.

Hope this helped.

Re: Trouble Recalling Dreams

Postby Summerlander » 23 Nov 2012 22:28

I just decided to have a go at LaBerge's dream sign inventory recently. In two days I went from remembering two dreams to remembering seven! Seven! And simply because I was not only eager to record my dreams but I also thought about how wonderful and fun it would be to notice a considerable improvement in my dream recall. In two nights of recording dreams in my journal I already see patterns and recurrent dream signs. Today, after waking up from a long string of dream segments, I have been observing the waking world and doing reality checks. If I happen to have a DILD tonight I won't be surprised.

The reason I am aiming for a DILD is due to the fact that I like the revelation shock of realising that I am dreaming while it is happening. It is that precious moment where your consciousness gets a boost through realisation in the dream state.

Also, the WILD method (using the 'separation from the body' technique) is too easy for me now. I want to master the dream-initiated approach now as it presents a greater challenge. Even so, it is like a fun game to me. Rather than performing the techniques for the sake of appearances so to speak, I absorb them with a passion and do not concern myself with failure so much. It only tells me where I am going wrong. Maybe this attitude has something to do with my success?

The world of lucid dreaming is not as elusive as one might think.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”