Philosophical Meditation

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Jack Reacher

Philosophical Meditation

Postby Jack Reacher » 22 Nov 2012 10:48

Who here does this? This is basically where you sit there and instead of making your mind go blank, you start focusing on the exact opposite. You think about your next few actions extremely carefully, and eventually think about your entire future and life, what you are as an identity, what your choices are, what you define as morally fight and worth fighting for.

Or do you simply come to the conclusion everything is predetermined and just stop there?
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

neuralswarm

Re: Philosophical Meditation

Postby neuralswarm » 22 Nov 2012 17:09

I've done similar things, not necessarily as broad as my entire life but about specific issues. It's really great! I should do it more often. Right now I sometimes have a block against meditating. It's hard work. Very rewarding, though.

I think everything is mathematical and thus in a sense being "guided", but because of Chaos Theory we know that things can be entirely and fundamentally unpredictable and yet still have order to it. The way I see it, everything is emergent and while a god may be able to change or direct things, it couldn't predict them. Just some thoughts!
Lucid dreaming is like candy for the mind.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 23 Nov 2012 04:57

I also came across similar thoughts as well, I think everything can be expressed in a mathematical structure, its just a matter of tapping into it.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 23 Nov 2012 23:29

Jack Reacher wrote:I also came across similar thoughts as well, I think everything can be expressed in a mathematical structure, its just a matter of tapping into it.

Though I don't meditate, I agree with this!
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Nov 2012 20:30

Jack Reacher wrote:Who here does this? This is basically where you sit there and instead of making your mind go blank, you start focusing on the exact opposite. You think about your next few actions extremely carefully, and eventually think about your entire future and life, what you are as an identity, what your choices are, what you define as morally fight and worth fighting for.

I have been doing something similar recently. Trying to meditate on producing experience vs. thoughts. Then to be aware of the experience and try to learn how to manipulate the process. The concept is hard to explain, but I think it's similar to what is happening in dreams where you directly produce experiences instead of thinking or trying to imagine something with thoughts. I'm trying to go beyond the thoughts and straight into actual experience. I've had some amazing results so far, but only briefly. As soon as my logical thinking mind gets going again it's gone. But it's definitely worth working on and I plan to continue.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 25 Nov 2012 01:47

I think I know what you mean, sometimes I will find my mind drift into images or even concepts or geometric diagrams explaining an idea, and once I kinda snap out of it and ask myself what I was actually doing, it all just fades away.

lanshan75

Postby lanshan75 » 10 Dec 2012 07:03

Very glad to meet everybody here,I am just a new member of this forum,I want to make more friends here,I hope you can like me.

Return to “Off-Topic”