All-Nighters

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Xyyzzz

All-Nighters

Postby Xyyzzz » 24 Nov 2012 03:48

An all-nighter is when you find it ridiculously hard to fall asleep. Maybe because of excitement, or maybe you don't want to sleep. Whatever it is, I found a technique that can turn all nighters into lucid dreams (once you fall asleep, of course).

When you're pulling an all-nighter, you usually fall asleep or go to a very deep state and start dreaming while you're half awake, then you wake up again. This is the very frustrating part. So what I did was that every time I woke up during an all-nighter, I'd tell myself to do a reality check. I'd try to push my finger through my palm and keep assuring myself it'll work. It seems so realistic (to me, at least) at night that you actually feel frustrated when it fails. But you must keep doing this every time you wake up.

Eventually, you will fall asleep. Now normally you will start going through your sleep cycle and start dreaming, but this time you may have a false awakening. Due to your self-promise to do a reality check every time you wake up, you will try to push your finger through your palm. And it'll work! You'll become lucid. When I achieve this state, I usually have a rush of excitement. This is when I soothe myself down and start rubbing my hands together and doing more reality checks to stabilize myself to know this is a dream.

Overall, this technique is basically attempting to have a false awakening, but having an intention to do something after you have one. This technique is good for people like me that take hours to fall asleep.

KylePK

Re: All-Nighters

Postby KylePK » 27 Nov 2012 21:04

I'd like to give this a shot, except for me I would actually have to focus on staying awake all night.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”