Important people in my life...

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
LCDAnthony

Important people in my life...

Postby LCDAnthony » 20 Nov 2012 04:32

In my dreams... I haven't noticed any recurring things in my dreams (Water, Landscapes, emotions, animals, places...) The only thing I have noticed truly is that there is always someone that is important in my life.
I mainly see my Dad, and when I see him we are hanging out, having fun, doing sports etc. That or I see my crush, or even close friends. What could this mean?

I mainly see my Dad and he seems happy and very bright. Can someone interpret this please?? Thanks!!

Mezz

Re: Important people in my life...

Postby Mezz » 20 Nov 2012 09:03

My best guess is that you have a strong relationship with your dad, most likely from your early childhood days. I find that most of the recurring characters/places in my dreams are things and people that were most significant to me in my formal years.

Were you especially close and loving with your father in your younger years? Would you say he doesn't seem as happy in real life as he does in your dreams, and you'd really like to see him this way?

Generally, just consider your relationship with your dad and the other people you know when they appear. Depending how you feel and think about them, it could indicate what's going on in your subconscious that's bringing them up. If there is a part of them that you admire, or fear, or are jealous of, consider that when trying to interpret why they appeared.

This is of course all just speculation according to what I find from people appearing in my own dreams, but I hope it's helpful!
We are the makers of music, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 21 Nov 2012 00:02

I remember him when I was younger, he was always busy with work and other things... I didn't get a lot of time with him. But now when I see him (which is every summer) He seems happier now, he doesn't seem as busy and he has more time to hang out with me. I barely see him but when I do, we seem real close.

In my childhood he was just a fade to me thinking back on it... I barely ever saw him, the only time I saw him was Sundays or late at night.

Morning Glory

Postby Morning Glory » 24 Nov 2012 15:49

Hi LCDAnthony, can you share one of these dreams? The elements in the dream will provide clues to the meaning your Dad represents within.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 17 Dec 2012 02:41

that is actually quite interesting that you barely see your dad. because dreams where you spend alot of time with your family or a member of your family implies that you depend on them greatly.

another explanation is that you miss him and want to spend more time with him.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

Return to “Dream Interpretation”